    Looked at MSDN, Not able to make sense.
    Is there a posted example of full vb code anywhere?

    Cheers

    weepecky, Feb 9, 2005

  2. weepecky wrote:

    > Using VB.
    > Looked at MSDN, Not able to make sense.
    > Is there a posted example of full vb code anywhere?
    >
    > Cheers

    I don't know what are your needs exactly, but I've found using
    FaxSendDocument much easier than FaxStartPrintJob...

    With FaxSendDocument you basically just need to connect to your fax
    server using FaxConnectFaxServer and then call FaxSendDocument to send
    whatever you wish to send...

    Sadly I don't have any VB sample code to give you since I never worked
    on such a project in VB... But anyway I thought you might want to look
    at the other APIs like FaxSendDocument...

    Hope it helps at least at little!

    NC

    Nicolas Caron, Feb 9, 2005

  3. weepecky

    maes4nt1

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2010
    Likes Received:
    0
    i found this link. (but its in c++)

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/bb985732.aspx

    I tried the code but startprintjob() only returns true when the printer name is NULL. Entering a printer name doesn't do anything and attaching the "nullified" printername to CDC just directs the fax job to the local fax service and puts it in the outbox folder.

    Anyone knows any solution pls? - I want to be able to send a word document directly to a fax printer machine via a local printer device mapped to the network fax printer (if possible not using windows fax services as i don't have a fax server installed, and sending the fax job silently - ie not showing the driver's fax print dialog/journal).

    maes4nt1, Jun 17, 2010