    --
    Jack McGregor
    MicroSabio

    Guest, Oct 26, 2004

  2. Can you please tell us whether you are printing to a local printer or a
    remote printer? Also can you please check in the event viewer for any events
    logged?
    One case where we have seen a similar behavior is when you TS into a box and
    then print using FaxStartPrintJob. Are you by any chance TS'ed into the
    machine in which you are testing?

    Also you can use the PrintSDI sample that is provided along with Microsoft
    SDK to try and send faxes using FaxStartPrintJob and cross check.

    Thanks,
    --
    Chandrasekar R
    purposes only.

    Chandrasekar [MSFT], Nov 4, 2004

    yanalex Guest

    Hi Jack !

    I have the same problem in Windows 2003 Server (SP1 from 08/08/2004).
    FaxStartPrintJob and other functions don't return any errors but fax
    messages don't get into outbox (this code works perfectly for Windows 2000
    Server). At that application log gives an error for each message:

    The fax was not submitted successfully.

    The following error occurred: 1630.
    This error code indicates the cause of the error.

    Sender Machine Name: \\WKSYANALEX.
    Sender User Name: yanalex.
    Sender Name: Alexander Yaniushkin.
    Number of Recipients: 1.

    All my attempts to solve this problem were unavailing.
    The problem has also been described in
    http://www.adminlife.com/247reference/msgs/20/103233.aspx
    --
    Alexander Yaniushkin

    yanalex, Jan 21, 2005

    yanalex Guest

    I've solved my problem.

    When you fill the FAX_PRINT_INFO structure before the FaxStartPrintJob()
    call under Windows 2000 Server you can set empty fields in either NULL or
    empty string; but under Windows 2003 Server (and I think also under
    Windows XP) you can set them only to NULL, empty strings are not admitted.
    If some of the structure members has been set to an empty string, then you
    get the "fax was not successfully submitted" error.
    I think this problem also affects the FAX_COVERPAGE_INFO structure.

    yanalex, Jan 27, 2005