newb question - multiple email accounts

G

Hi all, new Outlook 2003 user here with a problem. Here's the issue: I have 2 email accounts in my life, a hotmail account, and my work email account. I've set them both up as seperate email accounts in Outlook, and both work just fine. But here's the rub: In order to connect to my work email account (which is set-up as an exchange server email account) I have to first connect using VPN software on my PC. I only really want to check my work email once or twice a month, so therefore I don't want to fire-up my VPN software every time I open Outlook. My hotmail, on the other hand, I like to check daily. What I want to have happen is this: Be able to keep my work email account "offline" when I open Outlook, but have my hotmail account be "online." When I do actually want to check my work email, I will start the VPN software, then "switch" the account online. I've tried adjusting many different settings in Outlook to accomplish this, but it seems like either both accounts are online, or both are offline.
If anyone has any ideas or solutions I'd be very appreciative.

J

Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

If it's just an issue of automatic sending and receiving, you can either
remove your work account from the default Send/Receive group or create two
new Send/Receive groups, one for your Hotmail account and one for work, then
specify that you only want the Hotmail account checked automatically.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

In

Ask a Question