new Windows XP Install not seeing SATA drives

Patrick

I bought 2 new SATA drives and have an ASUS A78NX Deluxe
mobo. The BIOS sees the two new drives. However, when I
attempt to load WinXP w/SP1, the install does not see the
SATA drives.

The updated ASUS SATA driver will not fit on a floppy for
the 3rd party vendor install in XP.

Any ideas?

Pete Baker

"Patrick" wrote in message
The updated ASUS SATA driver will not fit on a floppy for
the 3rd party vendor install in XP.

Any ideas?

The correct files *will* fit on a floppy disk.

You are apparently attempting to use the wrong files. Check the files you
are selecting.... if necessary use the drivers available for download from
the ASUS website.... and try again.

Hope that helps
Pete
-----------------------------

Pete Baker

Patrick

I assume your mainboard CD has a folder with the necessary files in it... if
you're using that as a source then copy the contents of the folder.... if
you're still not sure then download the SATA drivers from ASUS for your
controller and place the contents of that ZIP file onto a floppy.

The SATA floppy I have came supplied with the mainboard (Intel) and contains
a variety of files of various flavours (mpd, sys, vxd, inf)... one important
file you must include is the TxtSetup.oem file. But your best option is to
check the download from ASUS... it may even have instructions to follow. :blush:)

Hope that helps
Pete

Bill

I have the same configuration and ran into the same
problem, although it really isn't a problem. The files
you need to copy are the following from the nVidia CD in
the \Drivers\SATA folder:

Si3112r.inf
Si3112r.mpd
Si3112r.sys
SIISUPP.VXD
TxtSetup.oem

Put those on a floppy and when loading Windows press F6
when you see it in the bottom of the sceen. This will ask
you later in the install for any additional drivers for
other controllers.

Have fun,

Bill

Bob Harris

I have an ASUS P4S8X motherboard with SATA drives. The floppy driver disk
that works for me contains the following files in the root directory:

07/28/2002 09:36 PM 1,144 txtsetup.oem
08/03/2002 05:35 AM 1,535 README.TXT
07/09/2003 06:46 PM <DIR> 98-me
07/09/2003 06:46 PM <DIR> nt4
07/09/2003 06:47 PM <DIR> win2000
07/09/2003 06:47 PM <DIR> winxp
05/30/2002 10:49 PM 12 fasttx2k

Then, in sub-directory A:\winxp ther are these files:

08/28/2002 04:48 PM 3,215 winxp.txt
06/01/2002 01:51 AM 17 Fasttx2k.cat
11/06/2002 05:29 AM 1,884 fasttx2k.INF
11/06/2002 09:48 AM 136,448 fasttx2k.sys

Note that the file called "txtsetup.oem" appear to be essential! I got the
basic file/directories from the CD that came with the motherboard. I then
chcked for newer files and substituted one-for-one. Of course, I did not
update the files in directories intended for operating systems other than
XP.

Bill

Your files are for your particular board and SATA
controller card. He has an ASUS A7N8X with a Silcon Image
Controller.

The concept is the same though,

Cheers,
Bill