New MB and CPU tripping at 23 C / 44 C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is a new thread relating to an ongoing problem I've had (New Motherboard wont boot).

I notice that the system crash isn't quite so quick if I leave re booting for a few minutes.

I can just about get into my BIOS and notice that once the CPU temp reaches 44 C it immediately trips (motherboard is 23C).

These temperatures don't sound high (are they). The fan is working ok but rpm is 0 in BIOS (tho' it has been displayed at 2000 rpm i think) what can be causing this to trip ata particular temp?

Once again thanks in advance.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aha. Maybe I sussed this. In the Bios, there's an option to enable shutdown if the CPU cooler fan fails.

It's called 'CPU fan protection' enabled/disabled? You want 'disabled'.

To see if it is this problem, you'll either have to be super quick to access bios and change setting or plug a 3 pin fan into the motherboard CPU fan connector so the bios can detect a CPU fan working.

Then, hopefully, you'll be able access Bios at your leisure and change the setting for CPU fan protection to disabled.

I could be wrong, but it's something worth investigating.

You will, of course, need a fan with a 3 pin plug to be able to try this thing.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Afterthought: either as I've said above or CPU shut down temperature within Bios is set too low, although, I must admit, that seems unlikely. Still worth a look though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question