New E-Mail Account

juan

hello . i am trying to create my account , i already have an account with
Hotmail , but when i try to put this in New account it wont let me bacause
it is Hotmail is that right?

Gary VanderMolen

Follow the settings given here:
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server.

To give you a bit of history, Windows Mail doesn't support HTTP mail, which for a long time was the only allowed access method for
free Hotmail accounts. Also, since Windows Mail development was frozen in July 2006, it is not aware that Microsoft enabled POP
access for free Hotmail/Live/MSN accounts in Feb. 2009. Consequently, the Windows Mail account setup wizard is hard-coded to
reject Hotmail and MSN addresses.To get around that limitation, when you enter your Hotmail/MSN email address initially, use a
fake domain, such as (e-mail address removed). After the account setup is complete, you can go back into the settings and correct your
email address.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)