new Android OS update

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Not the expected ver 6 upgrade of the anticipated May release date, got me all excited nonetheless. :)

still on 5.1.1

:user:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah the joys of a quick release for you Nexus users. :)

Any good stuff worth noting?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
OK, more on this update ... I missed the .1 on the end. I assumed I didn't actually get an update, may as not have tho.

The 'small' increment was basically some additional bug fixes to Android 5.1 ... consisting of such things as to reported camera crashes & memory leaks ... I didn't seem to suffer from any of these 'bugs'.

Changelog

:user:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I got COS12.1 (5.1.1) last night on my Oneplus one. Seems good so far. Not a massive change though by the looks of it.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
My Galaxy Alpha is still on 4.4.4 despite interweb saying their is a newer version:(

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You Appleites may want to read these,

Number of XcodeGhost-infected iOS apps rises

Apple's iOS App Store suffers first major attack

Apple Inc APPL.O said on Sunday it is cleaning up its iOS App Store to remove malicious iPhone and iPad programs identified in the first large-scale attack on the popular mobile software outlet.

The company disclosed the effort after several cyber security firms reported finding a malicious program dubbed XcodeGhost that was embedded in hundreds of legitimate apps.

It is the first reported case of large numbers of malicious software programs making their way past Apple's stringent app review process. Prior to this attack, a total of just five malicious apps had ever been found in the App Store, according to cyber security firm Palo Alto Networks Inc (PANW.N).

The hackers embedded the malicious code in these apps by convincing developers of legitimate software to use a tainted, counterfeit version of Apple's software for creating iOS and Mac apps, which is known as Xcode, Apple said.

Seems serious so you all may want to take steps quickly. :cool:

Ask a Question