Network Upgrade

Mike

I not to familiar with msi and network distribution of a software upgrade.
Is it pretty straight forward. I know that you need to modify the group
policy of the OU. Once installed will it recognize that it has been
installed and not try again?

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for posting here.

I understand that you are looking for information on network distribution
of software upgrade via group policy.

Please find the step by step article on software installation and
maintenance in Windows 2000 using group policy.

Step-by-Step Guide to Software Installation and Maintenance
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/management/swinstall.
asp

Addition Documents:
Step-by-Step Guide to Understanding the Group Policy Feature Set
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/management/groupsteps
.asp

The above documents help you to distribute the software via group policy.

I hope the above information helps. If there is anything unclear, please
feel free to let me know. Thank you and have a nice day!

Rashmi