In my Network Setup Wizard, when I get to the page "Ready
to apply network settings," under "Settings" across
from "Connecting via ICS through:" is this
statement: "Unknown Internet Connection Sharing" Is this
what sould be there, or is this a problem? Any help will
be greatly appreciated.
GusGus

G

I have the same problem with the spooler error message. I have two other computers on a home network. The new Windows XP machine can receive emails but cannot send anything. Therefore the error report cannot be sent out for technical assistance.

What steps need to be completed to get this machine configured properly. The set up wizard keeps encountering errors.

G

I finally figured out this problem.

Here goes: while in Microsoft Outlook go to the TOOLS tab, then ACCOUNTS, then MAIL, then PROPERTIES, then SERVER. The Incoming mail was set to "mail.service provider.com" and the Outgoing mail was set the same. Changed the Outgoing mail to "smtp.service provider.com" and then went into CONNECTION and changed the setting to "LOCAL AREA NETWORK".

Now all is well and I have full functionality both inpound and outbound email messages!!

----- Jeff wrote: ----

I have the same problem with the spooler error message. I have two other computers on a home network. The new Windows XP machine can receive emails but cannot send anything. Therefore the error report cannot be sent out for technical assistance

What steps need to be completed to get this machine configured properly. The set up wizard keeps encountering errors.

U

UGModeler

These are the steps I followed, on the advice from someone om this board:

1. Opened a command prompt window.

2. Stopped the spooler service - typed "net stop spooler"
(without quotes) and hit the ENTER key.

3. Then setup the network. After I finished, I restarted the service by
typing "net
start spooler" (without quotes) and pressing enter. The service would also
restart if you reboot the machine.

Ask a Question