Network connections/dial-up connection missing also status icon?

G

Hi, Windows xp home. I have two problems that may be related somehow. There are no dial up connections or icons listed in Network connections only LAN or High speed internet. First when I create a new dial up connection from start/control panel/network/Internet connections/network connections/create a new connection/ everything works fine and the connection is created and displayed as Dial up connection in the network connections folder. As soon as I try to connect the Icon and dial-up connection disappear in Network connections. I can still connect to the internet from my desktop dial-up icon. The other thing is the two computer screens that show your online status and also where you can disconnect from the net on the taskbar notification area are missing.The only way i disconnect now is by logging off or restarting. The icons have disappeared only recently. I know there is an option in dial-up settings to display these icons and it is turned on. I would really appreciate help from someone that knows what is going on
Thank you
Jerry

G

Seems like the same problem from 1/1, do you have Final Fantasy Xi and Play online installed

Ask a Question