NetFramework

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000' started by Buffalo, Mar 3, 2012.

  1. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    If netframework 2.0 SP-1 shows up in add-remove and 2.0 does not, do you
    need to install the 2.0 version also or is 2.0 sp-1 a rollup which includes
    2.0.
    Reason? I seem to be having a problem with SuperAntiSpyware updates and also
    some video problems with my GeForce 7600GT AGP.
    I tried googling for the answer, but it wasn't clear. Overall, if you
    install a SP, it seems to include the original version.
    Is there a way to check to see if your version of NetFrameWork is corrupted?
    I have several instances of NetFrameWork 1.1 also
    Running Win2000Pro SP-4.
    I tried running netfx_setupverifier.exe but I get an error message relating
    to WINNT\System32\advpack.dll while trying to install it. My advpack.dll
    version is 6.00.2800.1106. Could that be a problem?
    Thanks,
    Buffalo
    PS: Is there a way to get SFC working? I tried inserting my Win2000Pro cd
    when trying to run sfc, as instructed, but it says it is the wrong CD. The
    CD player I originally used to install the system is no longer working and
    my newer CD/DVD writer is a different letter. Could that be the problem?

    Buffalo, Mar 3, 2012

  2. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    Hot-Text wrote:
    > "Buffalo" <> wrote in message
    >> If netframework 2.0 SP-1 shows up in add-remove and 2.0 does not, do
    >> you need to install the 2.0 version also or is 2.0 sp-1 a rollup
    >> which includes
    >> 2.0.
    >> Reason? I seem to be having a problem with SuperAntiSpyware updates
    >> and also some video problems with my GeForce 7600GT AGP.
    >> I tried googling for the answer, but it wasn't clear. Overall, if you
    >> install a SP, it seems to include the original version.
    >> Is there a way to check to see if your version of NetFrameWork is
    >> corrupted? I have several instances of NetFrameWork 1.1 also
    >> Running Win2000Pro SP-4.
    >> I tried running netfx_setupverifier.exe but I get an error message
    >> relating to WINNT\System32\advpack.dll while trying to install it.
    >> My advpack.dll version is 6.00.2800.1106. Could that be a problem?
    >> Thanks,
    >> Buffalo
    >> PS: Is there a way to get SFC working? I tried inserting my
    >> Win2000Pro cd when trying to run sfc, as instructed, but it says it
    >> is the wrong CD. The CD player I originally used to install the
    >> system is no longer working and my newer CD/DVD writer is a
    >> different letter. Could that be the problem?
    >>

    > My advpack.dll
    > version is 6.00.2800.1106 is the same as your..
    >
    > On my Win2000Pro SP-4
    > it look like this up to date::
    >
    > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
    > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Security Update(KB71108)
    > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Security Update(KB979906)
    > Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Package 2
    >
    > C:\winnt\microsoft.NET\framework\
    > V1.0.3705\
    > V1.1.4322\
    > V2.0.50727\
    >
    > Do you have the::
    > Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 SP4
    > If so, it will make your Win2000Pro the wrong CD..
    >
    > it is like XP sp1 and Sp2 CD,
    > Rollup 1 for Sp2 makes
    > sp1 and Sp2 the wrong CD,
    >
    > The New Win2000Pro CD is on your Computer,
    > Some where,
    > a this time it do not remember were it at.......

    Hey, thanks for that info.
    Buffalo

    Buffalo, Mar 3, 2012

  3. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    Hot-Text wrote:
    > "Buffalo" <> wrote in message
    >> If netframework 2.0 SP-1 shows up in add-remove and 2.0 does not, do
    >> you need to install the 2.0 version also or is 2.0 sp-1 a rollup
    >> which includes
    >> 2.0.
    >> Reason? I seem to be having a problem with SuperAntiSpyware updates
    >> and also some video problems with my GeForce 7600GT AGP.
    >> I tried googling for the answer, but it wasn't clear. Overall, if you
    >> install a SP, it seems to include the original version.
    >> Is there a way to check to see if your version of NetFrameWork is
    >> corrupted? I have several instances of NetFrameWork 1.1 also
    >> Running Win2000Pro SP-4.
    >> I tried running netfx_setupverifier.exe but I get an error message
    >> relating to WINNT\System32\advpack.dll while trying to install it.
    >> My advpack.dll version is 6.00.2800.1106. Could that be a problem?
    >> Thanks,
    >> Buffalo
    >> PS: Is there a way to get SFC working? I tried inserting my
    >> Win2000Pro cd when trying to run sfc, as instructed, but it says it
    >> is the wrong CD. The CD player I originally used to install the
    >> system is no longer working and my newer CD/DVD writer is a
    >> different letter. Could that be the problem?
    >>

    > My advpack.dll
    > version is 6.00.2800.1106 is the same as your..
    >
    > On my Win2000Pro SP-4
    > it look like this up to date::
    >
    > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
    > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Security Update(KB71108)
    > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Security Update(KB979906)
    > Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Package 2
    >
    > C:\winnt\microsoft.NET\framework\
    > V1.0.3705\
    > V1.1.4322\
    > V2.0.50727\
    >
    > Do you have the::
    > Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 SP4
    > If so, it will make your Win2000Pro the wrong CD..
    >
    > it is like XP sp1 and Sp2 CD,
    > Rollup 1 for Sp2 makes
    > sp1 and Sp2 the wrong CD,
    >
    > The New Win2000Pro CD is on your Computer,
    > Some where,
    > a this time it do not remember were it at.......

    According to MS, Netframework 2.0 sp2 is not for Win2000ProSP4. Did you do
    something different to install it?

    "Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows XP"

    BUT, on the Redistributable one, "The Microsoft® .NET Compact Framework 2.0
    Service Pack 2 Redistributable", it does list Win2000. I don't know what the
    'compact' means for installing in a PC. :)

    Buffa;p

    Buffalo, Mar 4, 2012
  4. Buffalo

    The Doctor Guest

    On 2012-03-04, Hot-Text <> wrote:
    > "Hot-Text" <> wrote in message news:4f52b657$-privat.org...

    >>> Hey, thanks for that info.
    >>> Buffalo
    >>>

    >> Your welcome
    >>
    >> and the last line::
    >> a this time it do not remember were it at.......
    >>
    >> At this time I do not remember were it is at,
    >>
    >> Dam Dementia!
    >>

    > Ok
    >
    > I see a Hotfix (SP5)
    > in Add/Remove Programs
    >
    > Windows 2000 Hotfix (SP5) Q818043

    That leads me to an ANT update.

    >< http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884909 >

    Thst looks like IPSec.

    --
    Member - Liberal International This is Ici
    https://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k

    The Doctor, Mar 4, 2012
  5. Buffalo

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Just to bud in for a second. Win 2000 Pro is XP with eye candy

    --
    Peter
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Peter Foldes, Mar 4, 2012
  6. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    Peter Foldes wrote:
    > Just to bud in for a second. Win 2000 Pro is XP with eye candy

    I would like XP since it seems to have better vid drivers and runs some
    games better. Also the free Avira AntiVirwill run on it as well as others,
    which seem to have given up on Win2000Pro.
    Other than that, Win2000ProSP4 is great and very stable.
    Buffalo

    Buffalo, Mar 4, 2012
  7. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    Hot-Text wrote:
    > "Buffalo" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Hot-Text wrote:
    >>> "Buffalo" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> My advpack.dll
    >>> version is 6.00.2800.1106 is the same as your..
    >>>
    >>> On my Win2000Pro SP-4
    >>> it look like this up to date::
    >>>
    >>> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
    >>> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Security Update(KB71108)
    >>> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Security Update(KB979906)
    >>> Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Package 2
    >>>
    >>> C:\winnt\microsoft.NET\framework\
    >>> V1.0.3705\
    >>> V1.1.4322\
    >>> V2.0.50727\
    >>>
    >>> Do you have the::
    >>> Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 SP4
    >>> If so, it will make your Win2000Pro the wrong CD..
    >>>
    >>> it is like XP sp1 and Sp2 CD,
    >>> Rollup 1 for Sp2 makes
    >>> sp1 and Sp2 the wrong CD,
    >>>
    >>> The New Win2000Pro CD is on your Computer,
    >>> Some where,
    >>> a this time it do not remember were it at.......

    >> According to MS, Netframework 2.0 sp2 is not for Win2000ProSP4. Did
    >> you do something different to install it?
    >>
    >> "Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows XP"
    >>
    >> BUT, on the Redistributable one, "The Microsoft. .NET Compact
    >> Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Redistributable", it does list Win2000.
    >> I don't know what the 'compact' means for installing in a PC. :)
    >>

    > I install .Net Framework 2.0
    > I try to update it on my own to Sp1
    > After a 100 or more Security updates
    > it update it self to sp1
    >
    > Why it say in Add/Remove Programs it's Sp2,
    > I believe the it can with the Microsoft Visual C++ or J#
    > Software, I do remember something like that,
    > But I have see 3rd party Software add .Net Framework
    > and I do have some of them......
    >
    > LOOL
    >

    > Click start
    > Click Windows Update
    > Click Review update history
    > Here The Info:::
    >
    > < http://hot-text.ath.cx/~bd~/2000/ >
    >
    > You know you making look and working for you....LooL
    >
    > OK
    >
    > Now you know all update is not for you
    > For I have Microsoft .NET Framework SDK (English)1.1
    > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
    > + more Microsoft Software you are not running..
    > like MV C, C++
    > for I put the .NET Framework to work...

    I have looked at the update review and in Add-Remove and I do not have any
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 entries, only Service Pack 1
    entries.
    In Add-Remove:
    For the Net 2.0 there are 2 'hotfixes' (KB953300 and KB971110) and another
    is just plain Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1.
    I have 3 .NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 1.1 entries.
    One is Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1, then twoFramework 1.1 Security Updates
    (KB971108) and (KB979906).
    Buffalo

    Buffalo, Mar 6, 2012