    ..NETFramework 1.1 Service Pack 1 five times. Each time it fails to install.
    What could be causing this problem and how can it be rectified?

    Thank you for any help you can give me.

    moon4707, Nov 13, 2009

  2. moon4707

    smlunatick Guest

    On Nov 13, 5:43 pm, moon4707 <>
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have Windows XP Pro. I have tried to download and install Mircrosoft
    > .NETFramework 1.1 Service Pack 1 five times. Each time it fails to install.
    > What could be causing this problem and how can it be rectified?
    >
    > Thank you for any help you can give me.

    Download from where? I also noticed that several Windows Update
    updates would not install correct but if I download them manually,
    they install correctly.

    smlunatick, Nov 13, 2009

  3. moon4707

    SPAMCOP User Guest

    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...a-bdb8-c4e00af5b94b/NDP1.1sp1KB867460-X86.exe

    --
    SPAMCOP User

    "smlunatick" <> wrote in message

    SPAMCOP User, Nov 13, 2009
  4. moon4707

    moon4707 Guest

    Thanks for your response, smlunatick. I downloaded
    Microsoft's .NETFramework 1.1 Service Pack 1 from Microsoft's Download
    Center. The download went fine but the there was an installation
    problem...seems like another program connected with Service Pack 1 was
    missing. I have been getting along fine without Service Pack 1, so I will
    just let it be. Also, it seems that I have NetFramework 1.1 already on my
    computer.

    Again, thanks for your help. Have a real GOOD one.

    moon4707, Nov 13, 2009
  5. moon4707

    David Guest

    I just updated .NetFramework on my PCs (XP Pro SP2 & XP Home SP3) to
    the latest SP's for versions 1.1, 2, 3, & 3.5.

    When I installed the service pack for a given version, Control Panel
    -> Add/Remove Programs indicated the latest service pack that was
    installed for a given .NetFrameWork version. That is except v1.1. For
    version 1.1 Add/Remove programs does not indicate that 1.1SP1 is
    installed. It just indicates v1.1

    Might this be your problem?

    David, Nov 14, 2009
  6. moon4707

    SPAMCOP User Guest

    If something is missing then it has to be .NET Framework 1.1

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/a/c/aac39226-8825-44ce-90e3-bf8203e74006/dotnetfx.exe'

    --
    SPAMCOP User

    SPAMCOP User, Nov 14, 2009