    Cheryl Guest

    Every time I boot up my computer and go to the event viewed, I have an event ID 7027 and 7000, stating that boot start or system start drivers failed to load. Both of these point to netevent.dll, but when I look for the file in wndows, it is there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheryl

    Cheryl, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Cheryl

    Please post copies of the actual reports from Event Viewer.

    Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
    discrepancies can
    make it harder to search for information about the error message.

    You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
    Event Viewer.
    When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
    ID, Source
    and Description are important.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

    Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you
    should double click
    for further information and you can copy using copy and paste.
    http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
    (Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)

    A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
    click on the
    error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
    resembling two
    pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
    message
    (email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
    info from the
    Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
    sure this is
    the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

    In Event Viewer there is no facility to print Error Reports. A
    workaround is copy and
    paste the Error Report into an email, send it to yourself and print off
    the copy in your
    Inbox or your Sent Items folder.

    ~~~~~~

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Gerry Cornell, Oct 18, 2004

  3. Cheryl

    Cheryl Guest

    Gerry

    Here is a copy of the actual evetns from the Event Viewer. I guess I was
    wrong regarding the netevent.dll.

    Below are the copies:

    Event Type: Error

    Event Source: Service Control Manager

    Event Category: None

    Event ID: 7026

    Date: 10/18/2004

    Time: 6:48:43 AM

    User: N/A

    Computer: COMPUTER1

    The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

    vobiw

    Event Type: Error

    Event Source: Service Control Manager

    Event Category: None

    Event ID: 7000

    Date: 10/18/2004

    Time: 6:48:41 AM

    User: N/A

    Computer: COMPUTER1

    The mrtRate service failed to start due to the following error:

    I hope this information is useful and thank you again for the input.

    Cheryl, Oct 18, 2004
  4. Cheryl

    Event ID: 7026: Does the content of this message from Google ring any
    bells?
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...ups?as_epq=vobiw&safe=images&lr=lang_en&hl=en

    Event ID: 7000: The mrtRate service would seem to indicate a problem
    with Intuit Quicken. Do you have Quicken installed. The solution may be
    to uninstall and reinstall Quicken?

    ~~~~~~

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Gerry Cornell, Oct 18, 2004
  5. Cheryl

    Cheryl Guest

    Gerry,

    I did have Pinnacle installed and I uninstalled it. I also have Quicken
    installed that I will uninstall and reinstall.

    I just want to say thank you very much for all of your help.

    Cheryl

    Cheryl, Oct 19, 2004
  6. Cheryl

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Oct 26, 2004
  7. Cheryl

    Guest Guest

    I have had the same problem on two different XP computers, an event 7000
    citing failure to start service Usc8fud because "netevent.dll" not found.
    However, it is in system32 OK but with the permissions grayed out, so it
    won't respond. I have been told, but do not know for sure, that this is a
    result of SP2 bug. I have no idea of how to fix it and wish someone from MS
    would say.

    Guest, Oct 26, 2004
  8. Cheryl

    Guest Guest

    I have similar problems with netevent.dll. Have warning that Event 7000
    service Usc8fud failed to load because cannot find netevent.dll. Netevent.dll
    is correctly located in system32 but on examination, all the checked
    permissions are grayed (greyed) out. I think that keeps the file from
    whole problem is a MS bug in SP2. Same thing here on two XP professional
    computers.

    What do you think?

    Guest, Oct 26, 2004