Nero burning

Reaction score
Im trying to burn a BIN file to disc using nero. When i go to burn, it comes up with a message saying it needs a CD-R to complete the burning. Why does it come up with this when i have a DVD-R in the drive?

Any ideas?

Reaction score
The BIN file is 800mb and it is a video file, but when i laod it up in the burnign software it automatically chooses it as a CD, but why can't it be burnt to a dvd-r?

Also do you know any BIN to ISO converters? I have tried alot and all are free trials.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
stuartw101 said:
Im trying to burn a BIN file to disc using nero. When i go to burn, it comes up with a message saying it needs a CD-R to complete the burning. Why does it come up with this when i have a DVD-R in the drive?

Any ideas?
'cos it's a copy of a CD NOT a DVD ... ;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
BIN & ISO are images created with different software ... you don't 'convert' one to the other, just use Nero.

;)

Reaction score
So i have to burn it to a CD-R, will it work as the file is 800mb and its a video file.

muckshifter

Reaction score
stuartw101 said:
So i have to burn it to a CD-R, will it work as the file is 800mb and its a video file.
I have a video on a floppy ... Dunno stuart, try it.

:)

pikakilla

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
stuartw101 said:
The BIN file is 800mb and it is a video file, but when i laod it up in the burnign software it automatically chooses it as a CD, but why can't it be burnt to a dvd-r?

Also do you know any BIN to ISO converters? I have tried alot and all are free trials.

here you go stuart click me

Reaction score
Yep, i tried and it worked. I did think i had to use a cd-r but i hadn't done it before so i wasnt 100% sure, but now i know.

Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question