Windows XP Nero 7 svcd waiting time...

kel

Reaction score
Hiya you lot...
I just got a copy of Nero 7...Its got Nero vision 4...So I thought I'd have a go at creating a SVCD/VCD cos I havn't made one before. The program layouts quite simple to use. But I'm having a problem right at the last leg of the creation phase. I've left the program running for about 3 hours+ now and the progress bars not flinching. I read some other user posts on other forums and some said it can take upto 3 hours for the encoding process to complete. Hence me waiting this long.. But its coming upto 4 hours now and I'm wondering if this is normal...

Heres a screenshot of what I'm seeing, you can see the elapsed time and the progress bar.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/junktionist/nerovision4.gif

Just to add, I'm only creating a SVCD which takes up about 29 minutes off of a total possible 80 minutes.

My question is, is it possible it could actually take this long, or do you think this is just not working?

Thanks in advance, and Happy New Year to all while I'm at it!

Last edited:

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
i dont know a whole lot bout nero 7 but it sounds like it aint working properly. Have you tried this with other files just to make sure the vcurrent ones aren't corrupt or nero doesnt like them for an odd reason?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
your encoding/converting video which depending on your system it could take a couple of hours to a day to finish, have you checked CPU usage in task manager ?

Ask a Question