Need to restore lost documents

G

I have XP Pro and I tried installing Adobe Photoshop and it locked up my computer, so I ended up removing it. When I was done, my computer had lost its configuration, and I can't find the files that were in "My Documents", though all the rest of the folders, programs and files are intact. I've tried system restore twice, with no luck. I had a lot of files in there, basically all the ones I use. I've done a search for particular files and nothing shows up. The only things in the "My Documents" folder is three new folders created today (My Music, My Pictures and My Videos).

Any suggestions how I can find those old files and put them back into their place?

G

I've searched for a number of documents on both hard drives, nothing in the recycle bin, and no other users. Is there a program out there that will help me find files that have lost their path? It sounds like something Norton might have.

Dave W

----- John A wrote: -----

Are there multiple user accounts on your system? Have a look in each
one for your docs.

Try opening C: drive in My computer and doing a search for one of your
lost docs.

Check recycle bin (unlikely)

Suggest you post problem at
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee6b366

John Allen

Ask a Question