Need tinternet!

Reaction score
Hey people. I'm after a little bit of help here....after using the internet on my laptop via wireless connection for 9 month, it has now all of a suden decided not to work! I get the 'cannot find server' page with DNS error at the bottom.

The internet on the main PC is working fine and dandy! As is the internet on my mums laptop connected to the same wireless network!

I am connected to the wireless network fine with 'excellent signal strength' however cannot view any web pages or get MSN Mess to work! I haven't changed anything (that i'm aware of!) and all of the settigs etc are the same as my mums on her laptop (which is working fine!)

I'm quite stupid when it comes to computers so loads of random ways to fix it would probs have to be explained too! lol! Hope someone can help...I'm going crazy here!

Stace

Reaction score
Supplying the following would help: System specs, operating system & web browser.:thumb:

Reaction score
Dunno if this is what you mean as like I say...am hopeless! lol! But our home tinternet is through AOL broadband, with 'Speedtouch1521EC' being the wireless network connection. Its windows xp on my laptop and i'm just using internet explorer.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Try to connect via a ethernet cable and see if it works.

Reaction score
Erm....no?!? lol! My laptops kinda still only detecting the wireless network (which aparantly is still connected! grr!) so is still trying to use that therefore still drawing up a blank!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Can you disable the wireless network and enable the cable network manually .
nod.gif

Reaction score
I have actually been trying that tonight...with no success! however...i used the other computer to get something called 'winsockxpfix' and used it on my laptop and now... I'M ONLINE!!!!!! WAHOOO! I'm so happy I could cry! haha!

Don't know what it's done but it's worked! Although it is a little slow...but could just be teething problems due to wiping most stuff and reinstalling etc.

Thanks for your help though people! You are stars!

:D
XXX

Ask a Question