Need Help Installing Card Reader

Reaction score
I have a internal 6-in-1 card readerbuild-in rsb and 1394 extention port. I don't know how to install it. It has three cables, one look like it hook to a usb slot but it not a usb cable the other have a cable with a split in, with lable on all four in, the labal are vcc,d+,d-gnd. one go to the usb, the other two go to the mother board. the reader is made by E-force and the name is super panel
card reader.

Need help CB

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You'll need your motherboard manual to find out where the 'USB and Firewire header' is.

The normal pinout for USB is ...
red = pin 1 = vcc
White = pin 2 = d- (or data-)
Green = pin 3 = d+
Black = pin 4 = grnd (ground)

Pin 5, if there is one, is not used.

I'm very surprised it does not come with any sort of 'fitting' instructions or manual.

Specifications: 2 USB extension ports (connecting to USB PCI Card or mother board ). 1 1394 extension port (connecting to 1394 PCI card or mother board ). 4 Sockets: 1 for SM, 1 for MS, 1 for CF/MD, 1 for SD/MMC. Dimension: 148.5 x 141 x 42.5 mm. (L x W x H).

Package Content: 6 in 1 CardReader. CD driver. Y Cable (USB x 2 + 1394 x 1). USB Cable. Manual. Screws.
That was taken from the manual of my card reader. The cabling is connected to the MB.

Attachments

• dealsonic.jpg
    dealsonic.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 688

Ask a Question