NAT-T Update for Win2000 & WinXP (KB 818043)

L

Lance Arden

I've been trying to locate the L2TP/IPSec NAT-T Update for
Windows XP and Windows 2000 but have been unsuccessful.

I've tried to use the WindowsUpdate but it doesn't appear
as an available update. I have Windows XP SP1 which is
all the KB says is required but I can't find it. I
actually need this update for my IPSec configuration.

The KB article is at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
us;818043

Thank you for any help in advance.

Lance

S

Sooner Al

Are you sure its not already installed? You can check two (2) different ways. One is to open
"Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs" and scroll down the resulting list. The patch, if
installed, will be listed as "Windows XP Hotfix (SP2) 818043". Alternatively, open "Start -> All
Programs -> Windows Update". When the update window opens go to "View installation history".

You might also add the "Windows Update Catalog" to your Windows Update page by going to "Other
Options -> Personalize Windows Update" then checking the top box. Next select "See Also -> Windows
Update Catalog -> Find updates for Microsoft Windows operating systems". Click on the "Recommended
Updates" and scroll down in the resulting window to find and add the patch to your download basket.
If you "Sort by: Posted date" versus "Title", the patch should be right near the top of the list.

Ask a Question