My Xbox 360 Games experience so far:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Had the Xbox 360 a few months now and it's been a mixture of really most excellent and some quite acute disappointment.

I'll say right now that I still consider the PC to be the best gaming platform.

However, the Xbox 360 does have it's own exclusive little quirks, charms and annoyances.

The most obvious disadvantage of Xbox 360 games is reliance on gamepad and not being able to use keyboard/mouse. This, to my mind, makes fps Xbox 360 games something of a masochistic experience but some almost work, like Halo 3, for instance.

The second biggest disadvantage of Xbox 360 is poor games design in many cases. Especially , in a lot of cases, the save system used. To be fair, PC Games designers can also stand accused of this flaw in some cases, but not as often as on the Xbox 360.

But. When a game works well on the Xbox 360 it works very well indeed. Highpoints for me have been Forza Motorsport 3, Fable II and SAW.

Next up a little spreadsheet I've kept on my Xbox 360 games, here ya go, self-explanatory, imo:

attachment.php

Where I haven't given a personal score it's because I haven't spent enough time on that game yet to give an opinion.

Updating that a little I'm currently stuck on Final Fantasy XIII; Deathspank; NIER & Sonic & Sega racing. And this is just one of the reasons that makes the PC a much better gaming platform than a console.

Well, that's my take on it, I would be very interested to hear points of view from other peeps here who use both console and PC, and also views on Xbox 360 games.

Attachments

• Xbox games.JPG
    Xbox games.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 936

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I can see this thread was wildly popular :D

Got past the part I was stuck on in NIER, seems there was another beach round the corner from the one I was on and that was the only one where fish could be caught. How the hell are you supposed to work that out? Google was my friend in this instance, dozens of other peeps had the same prob.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I can see this thread was wildly popular :D

Got past the part I was stuck on in NIER, seems there was another beach round the corner from the one I was on and that was the only one where fish could be caught. How the hell are you supposed to work that out? Google was my friend in this instance, dozens of other peeps had the same prob.

I for one enjoyed reading your experience of the XBox 360 as I own one too and much like you I prefer the PC all day long to the 360..
Like you say If you could use a Keyboard and mouse on the 360 it would be killer, but we are restricted to the gamepad, which is great in some games and not so good in others..

As for the fishing prob seems to me like the developers just trying to eek out some more game time by leading you round and round looking for something you would never know was there, until you google, this in my opinion is killing gaming and developers will only have themseves to blame when people catch on and see it for what it really is..Little ploys and tricks the gaming industry use to lengthen the time played on particular games.

Nice work on the spreadsheet though..
nod.gif

Reaction score
Still got a DS Lite with an R4 card in but hardly play it.
Was thinking of getting a games console, but not really a great gamer.
Still play theme hospital on my laptop from time to time!:blush:

Reaction score
Hi Flopp's......glad to hear you're coming around to consoles, lol. I have both a ps3 and a xbox 360 but atm i think that the 360 is in front. It loads faster....simples.
Anyway, i was astounded to see the amount of games you have built up so quickly. At the moment i'm playing a freaky game called condemned 2 which i see on your list. It does have the scare factor and i have actually noticed goose bumps on my arms earlier. I think maybe the more time you spend with the controller the better your experience will be although, gow1 did do my head in a bit....Max payne 2 was good as was Halo3. Tomb raider i really enjoyed and cod 3 too.
Fallout 3 was supposed to be out of this world but didn't impress me.
I bought condemned,which i'm finding hard, last week along with a game called Jericho and left for dead all for 20 euro so i will post back when i have some worthwhile gossip on these games. I dont usually start a game until i have completely finished so it could be awhile....lol.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Z.

I haven't paid more than £15.00 for a game so far with the possible exception of FFVIII which I think I paid £25.00 for.

Most games cost me less than a tenner, used from GAME shops.

Which is why I'm hanging on for Red Dead Redemption to come down in price, though crazylegs pointed out it's only £33.00 at Argos.

Haven't actually played the console much this week apart from a bit more SAW but feeling hungover today so might just have a lazy afternoon on it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've heard really good things about Red Dead Redemption, lots of people saying it's the best game they've played all year... so I'll be interested to read what you think when you get it :).

What was the big difference between Elderscrolls on the xbox and PC? Was it one of those games that works easier with a mouse, or was the game play a bit different? We've got it for the PS3 and I really liked what I've played so far - but I found it quite hard to get my head around all the controls (I'm still pants at FPS on consoles).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
What was the big difference between Elderscrolls on the xbox and PC? Was it one of those games that works easier with a mouse, or was the game play a bit different?

As far as I could work out the gameplay wasn't any different but the control most certainly was.

Compared to the pleasurable experience on the PC the Xbox 360 version of Oblivion was hard work.

Which is a shame cos it looked great on a big screen.

Hard to pinpoint the difference really, but you know when something just doesn't feel right. And I thoroughly enjoyed the game on the PC, I will certainly play it through again at some stage, probably with lots of community mods.

I won't be getting Red Dead Redemption for a at least a few weeks cos I'm skint and waiting to be paid for some work I've done. But looking forward to it nonetheless.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Hi FBS
You could try use one of these keyboard/mouse adapters for your Xbox. There probably are cheaper ones. I just hit the first link as an example.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hmm that does look interesting! But it bit dear for me at the moment!

Reaction score
Good things come to those who wait, and wait and wait, lol. I'm up to level 5 on Condemned 2 and its picking up some pace. Man it's a freaky one.......scary in places and very hard. I'm addicted to it though.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
captain zed said:
Good things come to those who wait, and wait and wait, lol. I'm up to level 5 on Condemned 2 and its picking up some pace. Man it's a freaky one.......scary in places and very hard. I'm addicted to it though.

I bought Condemenned 2, Assassins Creed 2 and Bayonetta at the same time, all cheapo.

I tried Cd2 & ASC2 briefly but then became engrossed in Bayonetta. Until my 23rd attempt playing level 3 over and over in an attempt to get on to level 4. The hell with it.

So I look forward to trying Condemned 2 past the initial opening stages which as I recall was fisticuffs.

Lately have been progressing, slowly but surely, with SAW; really enjoying Fable II and NIER on and off.

Reaction score
Hi Flopp's,
Level 6 on condemned.....killed 37 times in a row on the dolly boss. Took a break and went to red dead redemption for a bit. Very enjoyable but it gets a bit samey after a while and its a little too easy. I'm playing Jericho which is a survival horror game, too. Dont know why i'm drawn to the horror survival games, lol. They're great. The scarier the better. Next up though is left for dead. I'm off work sick at the mo so i'm playing catch up with me consoles.
Later dude.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for feedback Z, looks like I probably won't enjoy Condemned 2 then.

Jericho - Clive Barker, the author, wrote that and I like his books. He also wrote a PC Game 'Undying' about ten years ago which is a really good game, despite a few very hard boss levels.

But every review of Jericho (for PC anyway) slated it, quoting a silly system where you have to keep tapping a button continuously to score points. Is that so? Is it any good?

I picked up Eternal Sonata and Fable 1 - The Lost Chapters cheap on E-Bay this week. Eternal Sonata is very odd, I swear the Japanese reside on a different planet, but good though.

And I've just noticed Fable 1 is for Xbox only, not Xbox 360 so I don't know yet if it will work. Should've bought Fable 1 The Lost Chapters for PC, it's on sale in GAME stores in their 'Two for £15.00' offers for PC.

Reaction score
Hi Flopp's,
IGN gave Jericho a 5.6. Personally i give it at least 8. i haven't had this much enjoment in ages. It's definitely a clive Barker. It's shoot the monsters all the way and feels like an online game. Sadly theres a slight mark on the disc so its hard to get the game loaded. Otherwise i think its great. Actually i'm gonna play some right now, lol. I've never thought of buying off Ebay. Must look into it.

Edit : Condemned was great up until i got stuck. You might not get stuck.

Reaction score
Compared with the PC version of hard work psu on Xbox 360 annihilated pleasurable experience. I think you very well!

Ask a Question