My stupid husband

David Candy

You know that beheading video is fake (though the right people). He was already dead.

I refer my sister and her husband to my mom for "how do I" questions.
http://www.counterpunch.org/bageant06132004.html
Hey now... That's not quite fair. We got the computer
for my home-based business, to bring in a little extra
money.. Not to download beheading videos from foriegn
websites or to download "other" stuff (I won't go into
details but you silly husbands know what I am talking
about.) The rub is that I explained in detail what would
be safe & what would be risky. He just opted to ignore
all that "technical talk".. It should be a lesson that
sometimes wives have something useful to share.. Even if
it is just 'sometimes'... ;)

Will Denny

Hi

Males make mistakes, females makes mistakes...

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Hey now... That's not quite fair. We got the computer
for my home-based business, to bring in a little extra
money.. Not to download beheading videos from foriegn
websites or to download "other" stuff (I won't go into
details but you silly husbands know what I am talking
about.) The rub is that I explained in detail what would
be safe & what would be risky. He just opted to ignore
all that "technical talk".. It should be a lesson that
sometimes wives have something useful to share.. Even if
it is just 'sometimes'... ;)

Jim Macklin

Actually, you should be running SpyBot Search and Destroy
www.safer-networking.org
(mirror at www.majorgeeks.com click the spyware tools link)
Then use the immunize features to the fullest.
Also, Ad-Aware from www.lavasoftusa.com and set your
anti-virus program to actively scan all downloaded files.
Since you are the administrator on your computer, set a
password on your account and give your husband a limited
account.

| You made me laugh out loud! Really, he can look at
| whatever he wants to on the computer. But I knew we were
| in trouble this week when I tried to explain the
| difference between safe & unsafe websites, and he rolled
| his eyes and said "Oh Sarah, I don't even know
| what 'download' means". I know a hair more than he does
| about this contraption, just enough to support my home-
| based business. Thanks to all for your advise.. But
| thankfully, no marriage counseling necessary! ;)

| >|
| >| Sarah
| >

| >.

kurttrail

Hey now... That's not quite fair. We got the computer
for my home-based business, to bring in a little extra
money.. Not to download beheading videos from foriegn
websites or to download "other" stuff (I won't go into
details but you silly husbands know what I am talking
about.) The rub is that I explained in detail what would
be safe & what would be risky. He just opted to ignore
all that "technical talk".. It should be a lesson that
sometimes wives have something useful to share.. Even if
it is just 'sometimes'... ;)

You tell 'em! :)

But you just wasted you time with the "techical talk." It's like trying
to get a guy to read the effin' manual, or ask for directions when lost.
Totally futile!

Since it's your business computer, set him up with a limited account, so
that he can do less damage next time.

--
Peace!
Kurt

David Candy

It when they download the "beheading" and the "other" that wifes should get worried. And if the cat goes missing - run NOW.

Tom

Jim Macklin said:
Actually, you should be running SpyBot Search and Destroy
www.safer-networking.org
(mirror at www.majorgeeks.com click the spyware tools link)
Then use the immunize features to the fullest.
Also, Ad-Aware from www.lavasoftusa.com and set your
anti-virus program to actively scan all downloaded files.
Since you are the administrator on your computer, set a
password on your account and give your husband a limited
account.

Of course an apology is too above your right?

Ahh, yes. Everyone kept saying the beheading was fake.
So he had to see for himself. He clicked & clicked every
which place until he saw something. He said "don't worry
honey, it was a safe website." "Really, how do you
know?" "They said so on the site." Well I sure feel
reassured!!
It when they download the "beheading" and the "other"
that wifes should get worried. And if the cat goes
missing - run NOW.wrote in message (e-mail address removed)...

Jim Macklin

Apologize for humor?
I think she was not offended.

in message
| | > Actually, you should be running SpyBot Search and
Destroy
| > www.safer-networking.org
| > (mirror at www.majorgeeks.com click the spyware tools
link)
| > Then use the immunize features to the fullest.
| > Also, Ad-Aware from www.lavasoftusa.com and set your
| > anti-virus program to actively scan all downloaded
files.
| > Since you are the administrator on your computer, set a
| > password on your account and give your husband a limited
| > account.
|
| Of course an apology is too above your right?

David Candy

The woman's magazine No Idea (or is it New Idea) has a mere male column where people write in with stories like this. My grandmother used to babysit me 35 years ago is how I know this.

Not offended... Enjoyed the unexpected humor on an
otherwise dry topic. You guys are a hoot!
I've shared these posts with my husband- he knows he
screwed up! Actually, I put "stupid husband" as my
subject line to differentiate myself from the million
other lines of questions that started off "help me!"
Clearly, it worked.. ;)

Jim Macklin

Thanks
Best way to look for "stuff" is to look on Drudge Report for
clean links. And scan everything.

| Not offended... Enjoyed the unexpected humor on an
| otherwise dry topic. You guys are a hoot!
| I've shared these posts with my husband- he knows he
| screwed up! Actually, I put "stupid husband" as my
| subject line to differentiate myself from the million
| other lines of questions that started off "help me!"
| Clearly, it worked.. ;)

| >| >|
| >| "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
| wrote
| >in message
| >Destroy
| >link)
| >files.
| set a
| limited
| >|
| >| Of course an apology is too above your right?
| >|
| >|

| >.

Tom

Jim Macklin said:
Apologize for humor?
I think she was not offended.

Well, it was poor humor, whether or not she she liked it or not. The fact
that you didn't use a smiley, or the like after the comment makes it look
worse than you think. You can tell it bothered most others than just the OP.
Even Kelly made a disappointed sounding comment about it, and she typically
has a great sense of humor!

You still should apologize regardless if she didn't mind. Your male ego is
shining through otherwise!

Jim Macklin

I am male, I have an ego, she got a kick out of it, I really
hate the smiley, whether an icon or just text read sideways.

You must be very up-tight worrying about your feminine side.

in message
| | > Apologize for humor?
| > I think she was not offended.
|
| Well, it was poor humor, whether or not she she liked it
or not. The fact
| that you didn't use a smiley, or the like after the
comment makes it look
| worse than you think. You can tell it bothered most others
than just the OP.
| Even Kelly made a disappointed sounding comment about it,
and she typically
| has a great sense of humor!
|
| You still should apologize regardless if she didn't mind.
Your male ego is
| shining through otherwise!

Nunya

David Candy, after spending 3 minutes figuring out which end of the pen to use,
wrote:
It's what a rapist would say.

A communist one too? Have you the numbers and all pertinent information,
references and cites necessary to back up your pathetic whining?

kurttrail

Nunya said:
David Candy, after spending 3 minutes figuring out which end of the

A communist one too? Have you the numbers and all pertinent
information, references and cites necessary to back up your pathetic
whining?

It's just another way of saying "she asked for it." Or "I thought she meant
'yes.'"

--
Peace!
Kurt