It stores/track the documents that i have opened during
the session but when i reboot my machine, the list is
empty.

Can someone help me.
Thanks

R

Ramesh [MVP]

Andrew,

You have the ClearRecentDocsonExit setting enabled, that's the problem Set it to 0 via the registry, or set it to Not Configured via Group Policy Editor (XP Pro)

ClearRecentDocsOnExit:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/regentry/93171..asp

You may also TweakUI to enable/disable this feature.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

Hi,

Recently, My Recent Documents on the Start Menu empty
itself each time i reboot my machine.

It stores/track the documents that i have opened during
the session but when i reboot my machine, the list is
empty.

Can someone help me.
Thanks

Reaction score
"MY DOCUMENTS" EMPTIES

Hi,

Probably should open a new post, but I have a similar but perhaps more puzzling problem: my "Recent Documents" empties itself completely about once a week. (I reboot my computer and use "Recent Documents" every day.) I have Windows XP home edition with Service Pack 2. This started a few months ago after I uninstalled a number of AOL related applications.

Any ideas
?

Reaction score
"My Recent Documents" empties itself periodically

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with My Recent Documents keep emptying itself periodically. It is not when I log on/off as I am aware of the registry setting that enables/disables this functionality. My problem is less often than that, just every now and then and I can't pinpoint any particular pattern or timescale. Whilst hunting on the net I stumbled across your post stating that you had a similar problem a while back and I wondered if you ever managed to get to the bottom of the problem? FYI: I don't (and have never had) AOL installed so it can't be that. Did you ever manage to get it sorted...?

KR,te

Reaction score
This is embarrassing but I've just realised what my problem is - and there is a timescale to it after all (doh!). Basically I forgot that I had scheduled McAfee QuickClean to run monthly and it appears that this is what was clearing out My Recent Documents as well as other saved information. Pretty embarrassing - but at least I got it sorted!! :)

Reaction score
Hi,

No, I never resolved the problem. My problem had a pattern. It seemed to do it on Sundays. The problem seemed to go away for several months, but it recently happened again, but not since. I have Norton antivirus. Maybe it's doing the same thing your McAfee was doing. I'll try to check. I'm glad you got it sorted out, and thank you for responding.

Jeff

Reaction score
This is embarrassing but I've just realised what my problem is - and there is a timescale to it after all (doh!). Basically I forgot that I had scheduled McAfee QuickClean to run monthly and it appears that this is what was clearing out My Recent Documents as well as other saved information. Pretty embarrassing - but at least I got it sorted!! :)

I had the same problem with Spysweeper. It always happened after a scheduled clean-up. The fix is go to into the options and uncheck 'clean-up latest documents'. Simple.

Ask a Question