Music. What are you listening to right now?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Jeff Buckley, here's a song of his that simply makes me feel good.

He's no longer with us, taken far too early, but his music remains

This is very French and to me just conjures up a thousand feelings and images

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Browsing vinyl shop in Greenwich on Thursday heard something I liked after they'd stopped playing Belle & Sebastian. 'Who dat?' I enquired. Michael Rother from album Katsenmusik I was told. Never heard of it. Some research revealed it's from '79 and the guy played with Neu and Kraftwerk. Never too old to discover some good stuff Vinyl duly ordered from Germany (Used - £6.87 inc postage, sourced on Amazon).

This is the whole 40 minute album, it's sort of relaxy ambient doodlings

EDIT: Looks like my original link has been deleted by the killjoys at Youtube so here's a link to Track 5 only:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Huh watching some of these french singers they are really good and it makes you wonder why they don't enter some of these into the Eurovision song contests

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
They were pretty good Monsieur Urmas (the 2 Zaz ones), I preferred the 2nd one and I have to confess I am not a big jazz fan, not at all.

But her vivaciousness is infectious and the delivery is spirited. Damn sexy voice too ;)

I've always been fond of the French language, I only wish I'd taken time to learn it earlier in life.

As for Jazz, I have really tried to like it but it's never gelled with me. I have listened to whole catalogues of Miles Davis, Sonny Rollins, Chet Baker and others but it all leaves me pretty much cold.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a Tool fan and I found this cover version by a bunch of kids. Pretty damn good imo :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
WOW!!

who are they ?

must look into this Tool lot also. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Who are they? Good question, I wondered that myself, the only credit seems to go to the person who made the video, I'm guessing it's their studio or location where it was filmed.

It would be nice to have some info on the personnel.

Wicked rhythm section.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Who are they? Good question, I wondered that myself, the only credit seems to go to the person who made the video, I'm guessing it's their studio or location where it was filmed.

It would be nice to have some info on the personnel.

Wicked rhythm section.

I've just been nosing around. Looks like they're students of The Lebanon and Maineville Music Academy - here's a bit more about them: https://www.facebook.com/LebanonMusicAcademy?ref=stream&filter=3

Hope we hear more of them. :thumb:

Ask a Question