Music. What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
Their music is rather similar to some of the music produced by The Piano Guy's, Nice one Evan:DI could listen to them and Piano Guy's all day:thumb:

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I like Neil Diamond meself, his double live 'Hot August Night' album is an evergreen of mine. Strange thing though, in the early seventies when all us cool young things thought we knew all that was hip and all that was rubbish, Neil Diamond was filed under 'undecided'.

He wasn't really cool at all yet his songs were so damned good ;)

I do believe our Quad is quite fond of his stuff as well.

Hot August Night is one of my all time favorite albums and have been listening to it since its release. I just cannot get enough of it. The recording quality is also superb considering it is now 41 years old.

Here is one of the songs featured on the album.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Picked these up down the market today, me happy bunny, had been after that Scott Walker one for some time

8539d1375048728-music-you-listening-right-now-3albums.jpg

This certainly won't be to everybody's taste but Jaques Brel was a very original songwriter/artist and Scott Walker was a very good singer imo. The Alex Harvey version of this song is possibly better known

Attachments

• 3albums.jpg
    3albums.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 108
Reaction score
:thumb:Loved that one as well Flops true musicians, great stuff, thanks, I suppose it is that I like melodic and harmonic music rather than the hard rock and the crash and bang music in inverted commas., although like the Beatles but not Rolling Stones

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I found this on youtube and I must admit I found it very emotional and had to get a tissue out
Amsterdam ArenA:

Great concert hall layout, genuine analogue surround sound.

That Andre geezer, cop a look at his barnet, looks like he combs it with a firework :D

I would really want to let loose with a party blower in one of the quiet bits, or, erm, blow off :eek:

But that's just me....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Blimey, I thought I was the only one who knew and liked Live. One of my faves is Ghost, but it's kind of bitter-sweet, was listening to this as my marriage just kinda crumbled, the lyrics seemed relevant at the time. Great band.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
btw, Urmas, thanks for posting the Jaques Brel clip, I'd been aware of him since early seventies but had never actually seen him before. Seems like a true one-off to me, just exudes charisma.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The Astoria (the one at the top of Charing Cross Road close to Centre Point/Tottenham Court Road) was the last decent central London venue imo, one memorable gig for me was seeing Senser there in '94.

The Borderline is good but it's a bit small.

The Astoria was closed, of course, to accomodate the building of Railink, we won't let the arts stand in the way of swelling construction company directors' paypackets now will we?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
The Astoria (the one at the top of Charing Cross Road close to Centre Point/Tottenham Court Road) was the last decent central London venue imo, one memorable gig for me was seeing Senser there in '94.

The Borderline is good but it's a bit small.

The Astoria was closed, of course, to accomodate the building of Railink, we won't let the arts stand in the way of swelling construction company directors' paypackets now will we?

Just down the little ally from The Borderline was the pub " The George " Nice little place where everybody would meet that was going to Astoria or The Marquee further down Charing Cross Road. Sadly the MArquee is now a Weather spoons pub. Another great place round that are was The Fox pub. Haven't been out in the West end in some years, so The Fox is probably some nancy wine bar by now.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
@Monsieur Flopps:

Comme Quand on Etait Beau [3 DVDs]

A quote from customer reviews: "... contains three two-and-a-half hour long DVDs culled mainly from French television broadcasts of the early 1960s. There's no commentary - just a succession of unedited performances mingled with various interviews with the great man (optional English subtitles) - and, considering the age of the material, the sound quality is exceptional."

Methinks this one should be "required learning material" for every aspiring performer. Brel was that good.

Too good a performer for cover artists to have a chance. Too good a poet for translators to have a chance. But if I had to pick someone out of those who "do" Brel in English, that'd be Camille O'Sullivan. Why? Because she doesn't take herself too seriously... and seems to have a good time on stage.

:lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Feisty lil thang ain't she? Love it :)

JB warrants further investigation methinks.

And I no talking James Brown or James Bond or Sock It To 'em JB by Rex Garvin & The Mighty Cravers ;)

Ask a Question