Multiple Accounts

I have just started with WM and have set up 3 Accounts(different mail
addresses) only the default account is viewable. How do I see the other
accounts mail?

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Anne said:
I have just started with WM and have set up 3 Accounts(different mail
addresses) only the default account is viewable. How do I see the other
accounts mail?

Assuming that they are all POP3 accounts, all of the mail from all of the
accounts will go to the same Inbox unless you create new folders in WinMail
and message rules like this:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
Where the message is from the mail.fjsmjs.com account
Move it to the fjsmjs folder
and Stop processing more rules

Anne said:
I have just started with WM and have set up 3 Accounts(different mail
addresses) only the default account is viewable. How do I see the other
accounts mail?

All the incoming email goes into the same Inbox.

Click on Tools, then on Accounts, then one of the accounts where
email doesn't seem to come in, then Properties. If there's no check
mark in the box before Include this account when receiving mail or
synchronizing, click on this box and then Apply. Click on OK
Click on the other account with incoming mail problems, and do
the same for it. Click on Close.

Jdr

I have a different problem using Windows Live Mail.
I would prefer all my emails fro all my 8 accounts
going one Inbox. But they are not.
What can I do about it to have , more or less,
familiar and similar look as Outlook Express had
or at least Windows mail?
And how can I get rid of the text besides the icons
on the Tool Bar ?

Jdr

Gary VanderMolen

You have hit upon what I like least about WLM, the clutter of
many account folders when one has many email accounts.

The short answer is that you can use a message rule to redirect
all incoming mail to a custom folder. That custom folder can
either be under Storage folders, or you can set up a dummy account
and use it as your master inbox. The former suffers from having to
scroll way down to even see it, while the latter is a bit more complex
to set up. If you need more detailed instructions for either setup,
let me know.

I don't think there is a way to hide the text labels for the toolbar icons.

Jdr

Thank you Gary, thanks for a hint on redirecting incoming
e-mail. But one could expect that Vista Team knows better...-;)
Cheers -
Joe

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Jdr said:
I have a different problem using Windows Live Mail.
I would prefer all my emails fro all my 8 accounts
going one Inbox. But they are not.
What can I do about it to have , more or less,
familiar and similar look as Outlook Express had
or at least Windows mail?
And how can I get rid of the text besides the icons
on the Tool Bar ?

Gary VanderMolen

The WLM team was besieged many times to develop an
optional common inbox arrangement (like OE), but that request
fell on deaf ears. :-(

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Jdr said:
I have a different problem using Windows Live Mail.
I would prefer all my emails fro all my 8 accounts
going one Inbox. But they are not.
What can I do about it to have , more or less,
familiar and similar look as Outlook Express had
or at least Windows mail?
And how can I get rid of the text besides the icons
on the Tool Bar ?

McGarill

fell on deaf ears. :-(

Well, I know that many people who have changed WLM
back to its previous version . Some of them even went back
to Win XP leaving Vista completely. That may give some
hint to the Redmond Team. I use to believe that consumer /
user was always right. That doesn't work with MS Redmond
well...-;).

Jdr

Gary VanderMolen said:
[...]

I hear you. ;-)

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Gary VanderMolen said:
The WLM team was besieged many times to develop an
optional common inbox arrangement (like OE), but that request
fell on deaf ears. :-(
--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Thank you Gary, thanks for a hint on redirecting incoming
e-mail. But one could expect that Vista Team knows better...-;)
Cheers -
Joe

"Gary VanderMolen" <[email protected]>
wrote in message You have hit upon what I like least about WLM, the clutter of
[...]

John Mariner

I verified that there is a check
mark in the box before Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing, for both accounts, but still all email goes to only one account.
How do I have email go to correct account?
How do I see other account?

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

I verified that there is a check
mark in the box before Include this account when receiving mail or
synchronizing, for both accounts, but still all email goes to only one
account.
How do I have email go to correct account?
How do I see other account?

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Windows Mail, by default, deletes mail from the server when
it downloads it. Therefore, whoever checks first should get
it. Windows Mail puts all incoming mail into one inbox, even
if you tell it to check multiple email accounts. You should
have two separate accounts at the email provider, not a main
account and an alias for it as some internet providers prefer
to give. Then you should have two separate user accounts
under Vista, and in the email setup under each account tell
it about only the account at the email provider for the same
person.

Robert

I also have several email accounts in Windows Mail. I have de-selected
"Include this account when receiving" because I do not want to receive email
from this account (onto this particular computer). But WM ignores this and
downloads the email.

How do I fix it?

Robert said:
I also have several email accounts in Windows Mail. I have de-selected
"Include this account when receiving" because I do not want to receive
email
from this account (onto this particular computer). But WM ignores this
and
downloads the email.

How do I fix it?

Remove the account?