multimedia device

Reaction score
Hi
My system was win 98 I upgraded to win xp professional, I realise now that I did not format the drive and think this is probably what is causing my problem now.
I cannot copy disks, I look in Device Manager and in other devices there is yellow ? near multimedia controller & multimedia video controller.
If I double click on the ? it says driver not installed code 28
Looking at my system summary it says:-

Brook Tree Bt878 Video capture device-audio
Creative SB live player 1024 sound card
VIA Bus Master IDE controller-0571
Promise Technology Inc Ultra IDE controller
Floppy disk drive
WDC WD20 OEB-))BHFO SCSI Disk device (18GB)
Pioneer CD-W54E (4x/4x/32 CD-RW

I have tried going onto the brook tree driver update site but cannot get a driver that is compatable with xp
Will I have to do another upgrade and format the drive or is there a way of downloading a suitable driver and if so where from.
Many thanks

Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for post, I understand what your saying, what can I do if this is the case, do I have to re-install Win 98 and go back to the old system or is there a way around it?:confused:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
hi I found these ,

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Video-Recording/BTWincap.shtml

http://forums.vnunet.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1028078&tstart=0

I'd give the Softpedia link a try as they are usually reliable .

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Hi ABARBARIAN

What can I say you are an angel:thumb: , I can't tell you how long I have been serching for the driver for my motherboard its been months everytime I thought I had found it, it was a join up fee to get the results.:(

You have just pasted the link and whala the drivers are sorted,
nod.gif
I am amazed, when I read your short "hi I found this" I thought I would try it but did not hold up much hope.

So BIG BIG BIG Thank You, what would nummies like me do without people like you
bowdown.gif

Ask a Question