msn.msgr hogs CPU

Reaction score
sometimes when I boot up and access MSN Premium, everything freezes or slows down to a stop. The culprit seems to be the process "msn.msgr" using about 98% CPU. The solution seems to be to stop the process, and after a dire warning that it could have consequences, the CPU usage drops to almost nothing and all is OK. I have Norton and antispyware running and nothing shows there. Any Ideas? (Verizon support first said I needed a bigger CPU?? and then said I had spyware, and then maybe a corrupted file)

Reaction score
I reinstalled MSN Messenger and ended up with 7.5.0311.0, should be the latest. It was allright one day and then it was the same as before. msnmsgr showing 97-99% CPU until process is ended. After a few minutes it reinstalls itself and everything is OK. If I try to open email before then the system freezes and then reboot is needed. As I said before, Verizon support does'nt have a clue. Anyone else with an idea?Larue

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yep.

Lose Nortons.

Download stuff in my sig.

Update it.

Run it.

Hope for the best.

Ask a Question