Windows XP MSN Messenger C-Media 97 Voice Problem

Reaction score
Ok Plenty of variables in this one..but i recon ive got most of them covered.

Basicly... Everything looks ok.. i can hear other people..and my mic indicator goes up when i speak..but i am not heard by other people. I have 2 machanes on lan, and i use a router/switch to connect to the internet via cable modem.

The other computer connected does work..both running Windows XP home.

Have tried different Messenger versions..all the same. Ive looked at ports that were open..but i acutally took down my XP firewall. No Joy.

My mic does actually work..!!

Have looked at dll versions suggested in other forums..nothing it would seem..works.

Updated Sound drivers too.

Is this a Audio codec problem..Port problem, Sound card fualt ..Please help.!!!

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. mic bar moves like audio is working but other end cannot hear me. I have made wav files to confirm my mic is operational. This problem appears to have happened around the time that I started using Ad-aware. I have read many postings about enabling ports, plug-n-play and others, still nothing has worked. I did use Paltalk today and it worked just fine. I am having problem on MSN and Windows messenger.

Reaction score
yeah, the problem was in the internet connection settings. the msn entries were not pointing to the machine providing the service. ie its self. there were 4 entries for msn in there.. change them all to point at ur own ip. This is becuase internet sharing had been enabled on another pc and the seetings had been adopted from the remote pc.

try this out..

if it doesnt work give me a shout and i'll try help somemore..

ted

Reaction score
Is there any way that you can tell me how to get to those settings to change them to point to my IP? I have looked at every connection that I know of and am unable to locate that information, thx.

Kevin

Reaction score
u need to enable uPNP in the networking area.. i think.. and then enable internet connection settings, under windows components communications

this will then appear by alongside ur regular network connections..

u r using XP?

Reaction score
Yes i am using Xp. I found where my Messenger items were linked to my IP. They appear to be correct. Still no audio.

Reaction score
Hi all,
Please help me get the this information out. Heres the fix:

Go to you network properties for you network connection
De-select QoS Packet Scheduler re-boot and you'll have audio!!! Have fun - hope to hear from you. ;-)

Ask a Question