Windows Vista MSN Hotmail becomes Windows Live Hotmail

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
[font=verdana,geneva]Starting today, the Live Team will begin rolling out a massive 36-language upgrade from MSN Hotmail to Windows Live Hotmail. This is the biggest Hotmail update ever seen: the new version of Hotmail improves safety, productivity and flexibility across clients on the web, desktop and mobile phones.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva]Today's rollout begins at [/font][font=verdana,geneva]www.hotmail.com[/font][font=verdana,geneva], where new user accounts will be created as Windows Live Hotmail accounts; existing MSN Hotmail users will be able to upgrade their accounts to Windows Live Hotmail by clicking the green Join Windows Live Hotmail button in their accounts after logging in. The rollout is expected to occur gradually and continue throughout the next couple days.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva]Windows Live also announced a brand-new, free email client called Windows Live Mail, the successor to Outlook Express and Windows Mail on Windows Vista. Also coming is a new Outlook Connector which will allow you to sync your Windows Live Hotmail account to an Outlook 2003 or 2007 client.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva]Read the Hotmail Team's blog post on the launch, including a video of Hotmail's evolution from 1996 to 2007. [/font][font=verdana,geneva]Also, Kip Kniskern from LiveSide chatted with Windows Live Product Management Director Paul Major to find out a little bit more on the launch announcement.[/font]

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/w...msn-hotmail-becomes-windows-live-hotmail.aspx

:user:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I have just clicked to change over - from what I can see of it so far, it looks a lot less cluttered than the old Hotmail, and all your bits and pieces (old messages/new ones, etc.) are instantly transferred :thumb: It's nice not to have flashy ads going on as you read mail ... darned things always make me feel dizzy. :nod: Thank you for posting those interesting links Mucks :thumb:

Ask a Question