moving AD from one server to another

Rami

Hi,

I need your help please. it is urgently. I want to move
the AD from one domain running Windows 2000 to another in
another forest running the same OS.

I've been adviced to use ADMT. How can I use it ???

Any site shows that ??

Thanks in advance.

David Pharr [MSFT]

Chapters 9 and 10 of the Domain Migration Cookbook outlines steps for using
ADMT to migrate from one domain to another. It is found at the following
website:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechn
ol/windows2000serv/deploy/cookbook/cookchp1.asp

The below article outlines the requirements for setting up ADMT. The same
steps apply for a Windows 2000 to Windows 2000 migration as outlined in the
following article:

260871 HOW TO: Set Up ADMT for Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 Migration
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=260871

For the tool itself, go to:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=788975b1-5849-4707-
9817-8c9773c25c6c&DisplayLang=en

Other useful links:
322981 How to Troubleshoot Inter-Forest Password Migration with ADMTv2
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=322981

322970 How to Troubleshoot Inter-Forest sIDHistory Migration with ADMTv2
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=322970

David Pharr, (e-mail address removed)