Windows XP Movie File Playback Problems

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got an extremely annoying problem on my hands at the moment, whenever I play an MPEG/AVI/WMV file on my computer via Windows Media Player or anything that uses the same codecs, the film is cropped so that I only see the middle part of the image (i.e 100 pixels are chopped of each side, for example).

I've reinstalled a codec package and Windows Media 9 - any other ideas, as I don't want to re-format! :confused:

Reaction score
soultion

well this problem happened to me but only to my tv card. you see did u recently update your drivers for ure graphics card? as the LATEST drivers specially for nvidia cause problems to certain devices or codecs.

try to uninstall ure graphics card and get different drivers. but note that windows media player 9 is a SWINE to delete and get back to windows media player 8.

have a go

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Damn... no luck!

Thanks anyway though! :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Something fixed it!!! Somehow!!! Woohoo!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers PSD99 :) It may well have been your idea that did it :D

Reaction score
Nooooo I have the same problem :-(
Sorry to make my first post a "request" but I'm really desperate, all movies I play are cropped, even ingame movies (GTA Vice City...).

It's terrible, I can't watch movies or jokes anymore.
I have a GF4Ti4200 on an Athlon 2600XP+
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anyone, please help I tried everything, removed MP9, reïnstalling drivers, installing new codecs, new player etc...
It's driving me crazy and I'm very close to throwing my pc out of the window.
(On top of this my wireless network is also giving me the creeps)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure what did it for me, but I installed a "codec pack" I found on the net, and that might have played a part in it.

Try a google search for "codec pack" and see if it helps :)

Reaction score
Hi, Im hoping someone can assist in this....I have an mpeg movie which i burnt onto CD, when I paly this movie on my home DVD player the sound is fine but the picture rolls making it unwatchable....any help greatly appreciated !
Patrick.

Ask a Question