Mouse and keyboard wont work

Reaction score
A friend of mine has rang me up cause he cant get his mouse or keyboard to work while windows xp is operating, keyboard works alright during boot up as he can enter into bios, He accicdently installed old graphics drivers last night and after that they both wont work,
Anyone got any ideas on how to get him up and running again, cheers

Reaction score
weirdo.... maybe he could try to install the mouse and keyboard drivers again, just to see what happens

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It would be worth a try to simply 'roll back' the graphics drivers to the previously installed version.

Control Panel >> System >> Device Manager >> expand Display Adapters >> Double click your video card >> Driver >> Roll Back Driver

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Boot into Safe Mode and do as Floppy suggested. :thumb:

user.gif

Reaction score
Try looking at device manage (my computer, properties, hardware). check to see if it has anything under keyboard and mouse.

Reaction score
I replaced my power supply, I also replaced my motherboard battery. The consequences have been that neither my mouse nor keyboard respond at all. I have one of those lights which are plugged into the usb ports, that lights up so must be getting power from the usb ports. However i am getting no response from my keyboard or mouse from usb ports. The same mouse and keyboard are used on a different computer and work fine.

I am running a windows vista ultimate on a HP Pavillon M1000.

Ask a Question