Labtec Wireless Optical Mouse Wont Work Please Help

Reaction score
i got this mouse a while ago and i plugged it all in put in the batteries turned on the pc and when i logged in it would install the driver itself no discs required it just uses windows.
And after a few days the 2AA batteries went flat and so i replaced them and turned on the pc and the mouse wasent working on screen the mouse optical red thing was on and i pressed the connect button on the mouse to try to get it working but it wont work. Iv had tried several different AA batteries and tried it on serveral different computers and i just cant get it to work at all.

here is the link to labtecs mice the one i have is the eigth one down
http://www.labtec.com/index.cfm/service/listing/EUR/EN,crid=68,crid2=1763

I woudl really appreciate some help as i have had this mouse a few years and iv never been able to get it to work and i would love to get some use out of it.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi, welcome to the Forum.

I have had numerous problems with optical and other wireless mice and keyboards - in the end I switch back to corded.

The only way I managed to get mine working properly was to log on to Windows (using a corded mouse and keyboard) then plug in the wireless mouse in to install the necessary Drivers.

Reaction score
Hi i have done that and when i plug the mouse in it says installing drivers in corner and then says it finished but the mouse wont work

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... and tried it on serveral different computers and i just cant get it to work at all.
we, in the trade, call that ... nucking fackard ... as it is probably beyond RMAing, I would chuck it in the bin. :thumb:

:user:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
we, in the trade, call that ... nucking fackard ... as it is probably beyond RMAing, I would chuck it in the bin. :thumb:

user.gif

Ha ha my thoughts exactly..Bin it and put your hand in yer pocket and splash the cash..You won't look back..Honest..:nod: :D

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Ha ha my thoughts exactly..Bin it and put your hand in yer pocket and splash the cash..You won't look back..Honest..
nod.gif
:D

AGREED!

But in the mean time, you may want to just use a corded mouse, while waiting to see if anybody else replies with suggestions.

Ask a Question