Monitor Turns off during xp start up

Mike

I recently rebuilt my parents pc and it was working
perfectly while at my house. They took it home and set
everything and began the start up process. They see video
of the computer brand screen, followed by the Loading
Windows XP screen, but as soon as it would reach the
login screen, the monitor turns off. I did have the tower
hooked up to my monitor while configuring, but I wouldn't
think that would cause any problems. They are able to
boot into safe mode, where I had them check device
manager. This did not show any MONITORS listing. We tried
removing and re-adding the display adapter with no luck
and I also tried to add new hardware which didn't detect
anything. Anyone have any ideas??

Gary Bagen

I have just run into a similar problem. I booted up my friends PC
without the monitor plugged in. I plugged in the monitor after the
boot and it would not turn on. I shutdown the PC and rebooted with the
monitor plugged in but the monitor turns off after the Windows XP Logo
screen.

If I boot into Safe Mode or VGA Mode then it works fine.
Interestingly, when in VGA mode, XP complains that the resolution is
too low and it wants to 'optimize' it. Well I clicked okay and the
monitor shut off. It did not come back after 10 seconds. I assume that
was not setup in the Display Properties.

It is a GeForce MX Video Card. Any way to change the display
properties for Normal Mode from VGA Mode? Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Gar

"Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.