MM2

G

Novice computer user here. I had an open project consisting of a slide show and a few video clips with accompaning music. I finished the project and subsequently saved it to my computer. Now when I go back to the finished project within MM2 the timeline and all appears but as soon as I click on anything MM2 shuts down. In addition I had an open project consisting of a 4 minute slide show. Whenever I attempt to go back and work on that project again MM2 shuts down. Am I doing something wrong?

J

John Kelly

Hello there,

There is a chance that you have a codec issue. There is a program you can
download from my site called "Rename Codecs". This program may fix your
problem. While downloading it check out the FAQ on the program on why and
how to use it.

G

It sounds like you don't have enough memory to run both applications at once; Movie Maker certainly takes up a lot of space. Make sure Movie Maker is the only program running or think about adding more memory. If you are working on a really important project, you might try saving often under different file names for back up. Also, it helps to add audio last, because things seem to move quite a bit slower once the music is added.

Ask a Question