Windows XP missing system32/wmmjrxvw.dll file

Reaction score
Can anyone help me please?

When I boot my computer i receive a message that says i am missing a file by the name of windows/system32/wmmjrxvw.dll

If there is a way that i can fix this this i would greatly appreciate some advice.

I beleive that the problem occurred after i tried to rid my comp. of a virus. I first ran mcaffee antivirus, and it had me delete a few files. I think that this may have been where i made mistake becuase i think i should haved quarantined the files instead. I also used AVGfree antivirus software. I think that my computer is now clean, but now this "missing system32/wmmjrxvw.dll file" message is coming up at sartup.

Any reccomendations are greatly appreciated

thanks-

Joe

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I think your AV program did its job, partially. It seems to have left a remnant, as many AVs do, behind pointing to the now deleted file, which you did not want anyway.

You need to find out what exactly the 'nastie' was, and eliminate the remnant pointers.

Welcome to the forums. :thumb:

Reaction score
thanks for the help muckshifter. im not sure which program was the "nastie" one, but i removed some programs that i do not use through the control panels add/remove programs section, and now my comp is working fine.

thanks again for your help

-joe

Last edited:

Ask a Question