Minimizing/maximizing

M

Marc

I want certain windows to open maximized. When I click
the icon, it opens minimized and then I maximize it. But
when I close it and re-open, it iopens minimized again.
How do I get it to open maximized each time?

B

BR549

Right click on the shortcut, select properties and in the Run: window change
"normal window" to maximize. Another way is to stretch the window to full
screen using your mouse and then click File and then Close. This works for
OE, IE and Windows Explorer. While the 2nd method doesn't result in a
window that is truly Maximized, it will fill the screen if you stretch it to
full size.

G

There are a couple of ways of doing this. The first is to drag the minimized window to the full window size by placing the curser at any corner and when the double arrow appears click and hold the left button down on your mouse and then drag the cursor to the corner of you desktop and release the button. Do the same for any of the other corners until the window is full size. Don't use the â–¡ in the upper right corner. Now click the X to close the window and it should now open in full size the next time. If you want a particular program to always open in max window then right click the programs shortcut on your desktop and then click properties and then on the shortcut tab you will see the run: line . You can click the arrow to the right of this line to open the drop down list and then choose maximize. Now every time that program opens a window it will be maximized. Then if you want to reduce the size when it's open just click the double â–¡ in the top right corner and this will release the maximize setting. Good luck

Ask a Question