microsoft word problem

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this. I have a problem with Word every time I try to open a saved file a box comes up on the screen (over it) saying file is being used by me . Do I want to make a copy. Of course I don't I just touch the cancel button and I can then enter the file. But this is annoying. Why is this? Can I stop this

Reaction score
yvonne fraser said:
Hi everyone, I am new to this. I have a problem with Word every time I try to open a saved file a box comes up on the screen (over it) saying file is being used by me . Do I want to make a copy. Of course I don't I just touch the cancel button and I can then enter the file. But this is annoying. Why is this? Can I stop this

Hi Yvonne
Welcome to the forum....
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Do you get this message with every word doc that you try open..? I have looked about, but can't find anything. Others might be along with an idea or two. In the meantime have you tried doing a Repair install of Word..?

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply, Yes I do get the message very time I open a Saved Document, but just in Word. How do I do a Repair of Word. regards Yvonne

Ask a Question