Meteor shower

Reaction score
I was just about to post about this Rush...ya beat me by loads....i just got in.
Oh well, There's always tomorrow, i suppose.

Zzzzz

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I watched and photographed the Perseuds last year..

I'll post up a pic if I can find one, was a lovely clear evening and I was out about midnight I think smack in the middle of epping forest in a clearing where it was pitch dark and had no light pollution so I got a good view if them..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Would love to see a pic if you can find it crazylegs :)

I'm going to have a look on a map tonight and see if I can find somewhere outside of the cities to drive to :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well I was looking up at the sky last night and I wondered... where's my roof?

And I looked and looked and saw... not a thing.

Will have another gaze this evening :)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
No chance of me seeing anything as vegas is a magnet for grey clouds :mad:

Reaction score
It's fairly cloudy and overcast in dublinia tonight folks...dont think we'll see a whole pile of activity int skies.
Was hoping to get a few pics int dark to see how they look. Any tips on a good shot at night??

Zzzzz

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Absolutely typical ! Thin layer of cloud here means I can see ****** all. :mad:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Fairly large gaps in the cloud now and two definite sightings in the North Eastern sky. Very short and sharp white lines, gone in a flash. :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Anyone looking for tips on how to photograph these things

Just leave your shutter open for about a minute at a time or as long as your camera will allow you too..

You'll need a tripod for clear precise unblurred shots though..You'll catch the whole trail meteor aswell in the shot if your lucky enough to have ur camera pointing in the right place in the night sky when one passes us by..
:nod:
I managed to catch 2 last year...And can I find the damn shots, can I hell..:mad:

A warm night here but blanket cloud cover means I ain't gonna see a thing tonight let alone photograph anything..:(

Happy snapping folks if your lucky enough to see the Perseuds tonight..:wave:

Reaction score
Chasing meteor's in the perseud of happiness...not in Dublin anyway...its a mad eerie sky tonight and the moon has a weird glow too. Not a sign of meteor anywhere and there's hardly a breath of air.
Maybe in a couple of hours we might get summat....i have a sprain in me neck from looking up int sky all night.

Oh well.

Zzzzz

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Did anyone manage to see anything? Sky was overcast with cloud here... it always seems to be the same when the heavens are doing something interesting :wall:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
nivrip said:
Yep, see post #10. :nod:

I was really wondering whether anyone spotted anything last night - thought that was when they were at their best and most prolific(?) :)

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Wish i had this app last night...maybe i could have seen summat through the stinkin clouds....i was up til 3am and saw nada.

http://www.stellarium.org/
I found it when i was searching through you tube for some vids of last night...no luck as of yet though.
I'm gonna have a play with this today and get back to ya's. Its a bit buggy so far...might not be as good as i thought.
I dont think its for vista...its giving me too much hassle so it's a goner.
I'd say its for XP systems. Pity though it looks like it would be very interesting.

Zzzzz

Last edited:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
For those deflated ..lol nearly all of us..

For meteors or comets over Texas then this site will give an eerie radio broadcast .​

Last edited:

Ask a Question