Metallic Text

Reaction score
Hi, all.

I would like to know if there is anywhere that offers free formatting for fancy, colourful text. As the title suggests, I want to use one which has a metallic effect, and possibly others. I have Microsoft Office 2000 and 2007 on discs, but they have become unreadable so I can't install them to use the styles on them.

Please, and thank you.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the sort of thing you are after, but there are some websites that will generate images of fancy looking text which you can use in documents. For example:

http://cooltext.com/

There are a couple of metal-looking ones on there :)

Reaction score
Hi, Ian. Thanks. :)

I actually meant a text font/style I could use, but I suppose using a picture of the same would still work, if I can still see the image in/through the text, rather than it being a block where I can't see the image. Sort of like looking at something in/through glass rather than a brick where you can't see through. I assume that makes sense.

It looks cool, pun not intended. Since it's free, it's not exactly what I wanted, but that's OK; I don't have to pay extortionate prices, and at the same time I can learn to edit things a bit.

Thanks! :)

Reaction score
Oh. I just noticed it said "with transparency", so I saved some and tried it, and that's what I wanted.

Thanks! :)

Ask a Question