    pointing to the old Windows Messenger.

    Any ideas/suggestion would be appreciated.

    Peter.

    Peter, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Peter

    Ramesh [MVP] Guest

    Peter,

    Disable/Remove Windows Messenger:

    For the Internet Explorer messenger toolbar icon, change the path here:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683}

    Exec
    MenuText
    ToolTip
    ButtonText

    The path must point to MSN Messenger

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolband, Toolbar Icons and BHO:
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/toolbarcop.htm

    "Peter" <> wrote in message news:089f01c3d662$53177090$...
    Hi,
    I just downloaded and installed MSN Messenger v6.1.
    However when I restart my PC it still comes up with the
    old version of Windows Messenger that I had on which
    wasn't removed with the MSN Messenger install. Also, the
    toolbar icon for Messenger in Internet Explorer is still

    Ramesh [MVP], Jan 9, 2004