Memory RAM problem

Reaction score
Don't know if this is the right place to ask this, so I apologise if it isn't.

I have a problem - My computer is a 3800 Dual Core Athlon 64 with an MSI Diamond Plus motherboard, 500GB HDD, 1.5GB RAM, and an ATI X1600 256mb X1600 graphics card.

Okay, the problem is that whenever I use anything related to graphics, there is an error most of the time. What is the error? It's always something similar to the following (That I just got when using Ulead MediaStudio to piece some clips together):

The instruction at "0x0e121468" referenced memory at "0x0e121468". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

I get it half the time when playing Counter Strike, most of the time when using video editing tools etc. It oddly doesn't happen when watching media in windows media player or anything. It's a new hard drive, but this same thing was happening on the old one too, so I've ruled that out. The 1.5GB of RAM has been tested 2x with memtest86, and no errors were reported. Only thing I want to know is whether there is a way to test the RAM on the graphics card? Is there anything I'm probably missing when trying to pin down this problem? Anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You could try This programe it may help.

user.gif

Ask a Question