McAfee VirusScan and Outlook 2002

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Third-Party Utilities' started by Casey Harris, Oct 8, 2004.

  1. Casey Harris

    Casey Harris Guest

    Greetings and thanks in advance for any insight.

    I have a user who is running Windows XP and Office XP, as
    well as McAfee VirusScan 4.51 (there's other osftware on
    the machine as well, but I'm assuming at this stage that
    only the apps mentioned are relevant).

    Occasionally Ourlook will stop responding or hang to the
    point that the user will have to end its process. Then,
    when she restarts Outlook, she receives the following
    message:

    "Outlook experienced a serious error the last time the add-
    in 'c:\program files\network
    associates\virusscan\scanemal.dll' was opened. Would you
    like to disable this add-in? To reenable this add-in,
    click About Microsoft Outlook on the help menu, and then
    click Disabled Items."

    Has anyone ever seen this or does anyone have a clue as to
    what them problem ould be?

    Thanks again,
    Casey

    Casey Harris, Oct 8, 2004

  2. I don't use McAfee, or even know if that's the latest version, but have you
    checked with NAI to see if this is a known issue? Got SP2 installed for
    WinXP?

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Oct 9, 2004
  3. Casey Harris

    BillR [MVP] Guest

    I'd be tempted to disable the email scanning integration. It can lead to a
    few issues.

    BillR [MVP], Oct 12, 2004