Max memory allowed with XP Professional

Does anyone know the maximum size of memory allowed by XP Professional

I am receiving a error that windows indicates is a bad memory or configuration error

I recently replaced the memory and tested the new memory and it works ok

My system stats are

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8KNXP
Memory: DDR400 PC3200 1GB Non-EC
Hard drive: 200GB SATA
Video: ATI 9800 XT 256m

The rest should not matter

Can anyone think of why my system refuses to load XP
Note: The motherboard indicates support up to 4GB of Ram

Mako.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Windows XP supports up to 4GB RAM.

Windows Memory Diagnostic
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Makobyte" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

| Does anyone know the maximum size of memory allowed by XP Professional?
|
| I am receiving a error that windows indicates is a bad memory or configuration error.
|
| I recently replaced the memory and tested the new memory and it works ok.
|
| My system stats are:
|
| Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8KNXP.
| Memory: DDR400 PC3200 1GB Non-ECC
| Hard drive: 200GB SATA.
| Video: ATI 9800 XT 256mb
|
| The rest should not matter.
|
| Can anyone think of why my system refuses to load XP?
| Note: The motherboard indicates support up to 4GB of Ram.
|
| Mako.

Ron Martell

Makobyte said:
Does anyone know the maximum size of memory allowed by XP Professional?

I am receiving a error that windows indicates is a bad memory or configuration error.

I recently replaced the memory and tested the new memory and it works ok.

My system stats are:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8KNXP.
Memory: DDR400 PC3200 1GB Non-ECC
Hard drive: 200GB SATA.
Video: ATI 9800 XT 256mb

The rest should not matter.

Can anyone think of why my system refuses to load XP?
Note: The motherboard indicates support up to 4GB of Ram.

Mako.

What is the actual *verbatim* text of the error message that you are
getting?

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP