    Can anyone help me please?
    Thanks,
    Steve

    Maincat, Mar 23, 2005

  2. Maincat

    Ron Lowe Guest

    "Maincat" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > Hi,
    > I have a two computer network, each WinXPSP2, each has 1 gig ram. The
    > computers are called Alpha and Delta.
    > I can map all of Delta's drives onto Alpha.
    > I can map Alpha's CD and DVD drives onto Delta.
    > When I try to map Alpha's C drive onto Delta, I now get an error message
    > on Delta which reads:
    >
    > Not enough server storage is available to process the command.
    >
    > Can anyone help me please?
    > Thanks,
    > Steve

    "Not enough server storage is available to process this command."
    indicates that you are falling foul of the IRPStackSize bug.

    The problem is on the machine you are attempting to connect to,
    not the machine where you see the error message.

    On the computer you are attempting to connect to,
    Check the event viewer for an event ID 2011.

    Usual fix :
    You need to fix a parameter called IRPStackSize

    On the computer you are attempting to connect to,
    Set the IRPStackSize back to the default (15 ).
    Perform the following steps:

    1. Start the registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
    2. Navigate to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\
    Services\lanmanserver\parameters.
    3. Double-click IRPStackSize
    (or if this registry setting doesn't exist,create it of
    type DWORD and ensure the case is correct).
    4. Change the base to decimal, set the value to 15, and click OK.
    5. Reboot the computer.

    Norton AV is usual suspect for breaking it.

    There's a KB article about this, too.
    You may have missed it, because it's applicability has not been updated
    include XP:

    Antivirus Software May Cause Event ID 2011 (Q177078)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q177078

    --
    Best Regards,
    Ron Lowe

    Ron Lowe, Mar 23, 2005
  3. In article <#>, "Maincat"
    <> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >I have a two computer network, each WinXPSP2, each has 1 gig ram. The
    >computers are called Alpha and Delta.
    >I can map all of Delta's drives onto Alpha.
    >I can map Alpha's CD and DVD drives onto Delta.
    >When I try to map Alpha's C drive onto Delta, I now get an error message on
    >Delta which reads:
    >
    >Not enough server storage is available to process the command.
    >
    >Can anyone help me please?
    >Thanks,
    >Steve

    The problem is probably that an antivirus program has changed an
    obscure TCP/IP setting. Please see this Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article for a likely solution, specifying a value of 15 for
    IRPStackSize on Alpha:

    Antivirus Software May Cause Event ID 2011
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;177078
    --
    Best Wishes,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    Steve Winograd [MVP], Mar 23, 2005
  4. Maincat

    Maincat Guest

    Fantastic guys, that fixed it.
    There is NO WAY I would have found that.
    I really owe you one!
    Steve

    Maincat, Mar 23, 2005
  5. Maincat

    jae108

    Joined:
    May 24, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Who would have thought that I would find the answer to my problem in a 6 yr old post!
    Thanks much!!

    jae108, May 24, 2011
  6. Maincat

    RobCr

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have XP SP3
    When I attempted the above solution, it did not help.
    Might have been one of these two problems -
    - I did not reboot
    - 15 is not enough
    I set it to Decimal 20, and rebooted, and I am happily 'mapped' now.

    Hope this additional information helps others.
    Rob

    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
    RobCr, Nov 7, 2011
  7. Maincat

    Ricardo Ribeiro

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    This old post (6 years ago) also helped me a lot.
    I also had to put 20 (in decimal) to work - did not work with 15.

    :thumb:

    Ricardo Ribeiro
    Infranet Cartuchos

    Ricardo Ribeiro, Feb 15, 2012