Malware of a special case > E2.Give > Help Me!

Reaction score
E2.GIVE, E2.GIVE.IBEHOS, Prutect.

> These are the most annoying spyware and no one seems to know anything about them. After spending 3 weeks trying to get rid of it, here's what I've found out:

- Running your anti-spyware program in safe mode doesn't remove it, even though it says it has, and a 2nd scan turns up 0 results. All it does is get put on your ignore list.

- Prutect is a Trojan that tampers with anti-spyware and virus programs

- E2.GIve is a data miner which sells your information to companies as clientel

- wncln.exe is the process directly associated with E2.Give; it will run this process twice and the only way to end the process is to end them both fast. If one stays open, the other will reboot. The stupid thing plays chicken with you.

- After ending this process, uninstalling the E2 plugin, and the 54-57 registry keys associated to it manually, it will appear as though it is gone. It won't even be in the ignore list. However, it finds a way to regenerate upon restarting.

> The problem is, I don't know how it is doing this. I suspect that when I tamper with it, it copies itself over to some kind of Temp file in order to reinstall itself. I have tried everything within my knowledge. If anyone knows anything about this malware or if you have successfully removed it, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

> For fellow victims, here are my reccommendations: 1. Delete temp files & cookies after every internet session 2. Clear cache often 3. Don't allow auto-logins 4. Suspend any online banking activities 5. Clear browser history 6. Make sure your outgoing security settings on your firewalls are on high

Ask a Question