Major Trouble at work

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
psd99 said:
BTW you cheated them of the equivalent of SEVEN weeks pay? GOSH!!!

Thats what I thought aswell. Petty crime indeed.

Now if it had been ten million !

:D

Reaction score
It's not that. As I said at the beginning, that its upto the manager to authorise it. I actually didn't expect it to be authorised.

Reaction score
BourneSupreme said:
It's not that. As I said at the beginning, that its upto the manager to authorise it. I actually didn't expect it to be authorised.

Wether you expected the manager to authories it or not, you fraudulently submitted a false claim..Intent to theft..

Reaction score
7 weeks of over time, i suggest you resign & get it over with.
Your lucky the Police have not been told about you committing a crime of fraud!!

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Petty crime indeed.

7 weeks pay, dunno what you earn mate but thats £4000 after tax for me, i think that is a pretty substantial amount of money.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Wrongfully taking what is not yours is theft.And theft is wrong.Wether it is £1 or £10 million..

What can I say I'm a sucker for a well paid crime that does not involve violence.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
What can I say I'm a sucker for a well paid crime that does not involve violence.

Um, right on brother, as they say *cough*

Unfortunately it seems they always get caught...

I'm only talking huge amounts from Corporates or banks here, petty crime irritates the hell outta me :mad:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
If you're still waiting to hear from management one answer is to pre-empt them and go in and admit what you've done. At least that shows that you are aware of the fact that you have done wrong and that can SOMETIMES go in your favour ( a bit like pleading guilty at trial but being one step ahead)

You really need as much as possible on your side.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
7 weeks pay, dunno what you earn mate but thats £4000 after tax for me, i think that is a pretty substantial amount of money.

£4,000 is chump change in anyones book.

The guys taking a chance on

Loseing his job

Possibly his home

Possibly his spouse

Loesing a chance of decent employment in the future

Going to jail . Have you seen inside Armley or Lancaster or Preston etc.

For a lousy few quid.

Seems like a poor trade off to me.

happywave.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Um, right on brother, as they say *cough*

Unfortunately it seems they always get caught...

I'm only talking huge amounts from Corporates or banks here, petty crime irritates the hell outta me :mad:

Not quite true old chap.

''Without Guns, Without Violence, Without Hate,''

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DEED61E3DF931A25755C0A96F948260

In his book. Mr. Spaggiari complained of the messy conditions under which he worked to bring off the Nice heist. He also mourned that he was unable to open 3,500 safe-deposit boxes because he lacked the proper equipment, and described using mass quantities of bubble bath to help scrub off the sewer slime.

He could have been a Yorkshireman.

laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Not quite true old chap.

Yes it is - he got caught.

Ok, he escaped after getting caught but he still got caught :D

An inspired tale, most excellent.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Getting back to the post thread..2 managers in discussion about someone frauding the company...ermmm must be sh11ting themselves ...they have been rumbled...or is this company Northern Rock :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fact is this guy did wrong and if i were his manager i'd be asking myself what else he has done to gain money that he was not entitled to. The two managers are probably looking into the legalities of what they can and cannot do in this situation while putting their heads together.

If i were him i'd deny inputting those details or claim he had entered them incorrectly.

Regards to the managers blanking him, i feel that's a bit out or order. They could say good morning etc. Some managers are cocks though!

My situation is different. I don't get paid enough to stay in my current role and the hours are long. The bosses know this and one word will just edge me closer to get out.

Reaction score
Andrew C said:
Some managers are cocks though!
Yes, but they are the ones in control & you have to respect that.
The fact that overtime was approved says a lot, the manager trusted the person putting in the claim.
The fact the claim was false puts both the manager & worker in the firing line.
Hence both could now be in trouble!

Reaction score
Update on situation guys: I handed my resignation in with additional letter apologising for my actions and offering to pay any amount not owed to me, back immediately.

I hope they do not get police involved.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
BourneSupreme said:
Update on situation guys: I handed my resignation in with additional letter apologising for my actions and offering to pay any amount not owed to me, back immediately.

I think you've done the right thing. You're now one step ahead of where you'd have been if you had done nothing. You've shown contrition and agreed to pay back the money which makes it less likely that they will get the police involved.

Reaction score
I hope they do not get the police involved. Ive made it clear in a letter that i didn't do this for any financial reasons. Thought it'd be a prank etc...and offered to pay back any monies immediately.

I just hope the HR dept dnt get arsey and decide to involve authorities

Ask a Question