Macrobuttons and Cross Rerencing

Fev

Hi
I am creating a Word 2007 template that requires a number of User
inputs and I was hoping to use macrobuttons. However, if these are
bookmarked, for cross referencing in headers and footers, the bookmark
disappears when the marcor button is clicked to type in the required
text. As cross referencing also looks at numbered items, I was hoping
to define a numbered style using the hidden font style for the number
to cross reference, but I cannot get it to work. I can't use the
built in heading styles either as they are assigned mutli-level
numbering.

A few years ago I remmeber doing something similar with the Ask field,
and there was a trick on how to prevent the bookmark from
disappearing, but I can't seem to find that information anywhere.

Are their any other solutions? I would greatly appreciate some help
Thanks
Heather

Stefan Blom

Different methods for repeating data is discussed in the article at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Fev"  wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the pointer - I used SBarnhill StyleRef trick and it worked
like a charm!
These forums Rock!

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Well, you saved me the effort of posting to recommend StyleRef!

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

[...]

Greg Maxey's article actually links to your article on STYLEREF. :)

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP