Macro.dot

Abrielle

Word 2007

I have recently had to set up Word on my new computer. Everything is OK
except the macros on my macro.dot (which is loaded at Startup) are not
running automatically. For example, I have one which should open File | New
as a list (rather than icons).

If I look in the macros, it is actually there but is not loading
automatically.

Can anyone help, please?

Graham Mayor

Macro.dot suggests it was created with an earlier Word version. It may be
that what you are asking it to do is not compatible with Word 2007 given the
differences in interface between 2007 and earlier versions. As you have
given no details of your code, it is difficult to suggest a way forward.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Abrielle

This is the one I had for opening a new Word document from a template:

Sub FileNew()

SendKeys "%2"
Dialogs(wdDialogFileNew).Show

End Sub

There are others but this is one I particularly liked!

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message

Macro.dot suggests it was created with an earlier Word version. It may be
that what you are asking it to do is not compatible with Word 2007 given the
differences in interface between 2007 and earlier versions. As you have
given no details of your code, it is difficult to suggest a way forward.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Graham Mayor

That macro works just fine in Word 2007, both under Windows XP and Windows
7. How are you calling it? Click Office Button > New

--
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com

Abrielle

Thanks. I removed the button I had on QAT and then added it again - it works
now!