MacBug

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Not a reference to a Scottish entymologist but rather a virus that has infected a great deal of Apple computers. Oh Dear

That should wipe the smile off the faces of all the smug gits who say 'Macs never get viruses'.

Ha ha ha :D

No, I shouldn't laugh, that's very uncharitable of you Mr Flops, don't be such a cynic, it isn't funny you know, oh yes it is, oh no it isn't, I, I.... :lol:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
The thing is most Mac Fan Girls will deny this has happened and reckon their computers are still safe

SmileyLOLSideways.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Francis Buchanan White ... was a Scottish entomologist, or were you looking for, emptycranialgits. :)

to all our readers, please note: All operating systems are susceptible to vulnerabilities, that includes, harbouring, transmitting and distributing, Viruses, Trojans, Wurms and other such nasties. All.

:user:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/2...mpaign=Feed:+bit-tech/all+(bit-tech.net+feed)

Unlike previous attacks on Apple's OS X, the infection required no user interaction beyond visiting an infected website. Using a vulnerability in Java - a vulnerability not exclusive to Apple's operating system, it must be pointed out - the ne'er-do-wells were able to take over the target system automatically.

It's taken Apple six weeks to resolve the issue, however - and as Dr.Web's figures show, that's plenty of time for the botnet to grow in size.

More critically, it gives lie to the common claim that OS X is somehow invulnerable to attack from viruses and other malware. As Apple itself once recommended: it's time to install virus protection.

:cool:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I don't trust bananas, they're not straight up. :)

Reaction score
ONE (1) virus, since 1984..... thank heavens I gave up windows virus surging rubbish in the 90's.
I didn't get that particular virus anyway.

You guys just go on being happy with the (un-allowed-word) you own, and I'll just go on being totally satisfied with all my lovely iMac's, mini's, cube's, etc etc., and live happily ever after!

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
ONE (1) virus, since 1984..... thank heavens I gave up windows virus surging rubbish in the 90's.

You guys just go on being happy with the (un-allowed-word) you own, and I'll just go on being totally satisfied with all my lovely iMac's, mini's, cube's, etc etc., and live happily ever after!

WOW!!!!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score

Yawn..zzzzzzzzz :rolleyes:

Ask a Question